Read Time 3 Minutes
Fall is here and we have an incredible list of things to do this weekend in Birmingham. One on the list: a Bandaloop aerial performance at the UAB Campus Green and Alys Stephens Center. Find more, September 24-26.
This Weekend in The Magic City
They start things off with a bang with Bandaloop—an unbelievable aerial performance with dancers suspended from rooftops high above. Check out two free performances on Friday, September 24 at the UAB Campus Green at Noon and at the Alys Stephens Center (register to attend here) at 8PM. Find more ways to celebrate here.
Time for some “pampering”
The Junior League of Birmingham holds their 7th annual Stuff the Bus Diaper Drive, Friday, September 24-Sunday, October 3. Your donation helps provide hope to families during times of financial hardship by providing infants and toddlers with diapers. Find out what you can donate. Donations can be dropped off below the Target Shopping Center on Highway 280.
There’s no time to siesta when there’s a fiesta!
Mark your calendar for Fiesta’s 19th Annual Festival on Saturday, September 25 for a chance to explore dozens of Hispanic countries through food, crafts, culture and family fun. The event takes place at Linn Park from Noon-8PM. Tickets are $10. Kids 12 + under get in free.
Sunny side up
Think breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Then eat up this Sunday, September 26—it’s National Breakfast Day. Check out this new local food truck for a Bangin’ Breakfast.
Show off those nerves of teal
Show your support for GYN Cancer Awareness Month by participating in the Head Over Teal 5K/10K on Saturday, September 25 at 8AM at The Preserve in Hoover. Your involvement will help raise awareness and funds to provide GYN cancer programs to women, patients and caregivers. Register now.
More to Discover
- Friday-Sunday, Sept. 24-26: 52 new home listings with RealtySouth across the Greater Birmingham Area.
- Friday-Sunday, Sept. 24-26: Human Rights New Works Festival @ Discovery Theatre. 2PM + 8PM. $10. Tickets.
- Friday-Sunday, Sept. 24-26: Homestead Hollow Arts Crafts Festival @ Homestead Hollow. 9AM-5PM. $4-$6.
- Friday-Saturday, Sept. 24-25: Saint George Middle Eastern Food Festival @ Saint George Greek-Catholic Melkite Church. 10:30AM-9PM. Admission is free. View the menu.
- Friday-Sunday, Sept. 24-25: Buck Creek Festival @ Helena Amphitheater Park. 10AM-10PM. Admission is free.
- Friday, Sept. 24: Wish Night with Make-A-Wish Alabama @ Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort. 6PM.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Pooches on the Patio benefiting Greater Birmingham Humane Society @ Vino Gallery & Bar. Noon-9PM.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Alabama Jubilee @ Thompson High School. 10AM. Free.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Aww Shucks Fall Festival @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 1-5PM. Admission is free.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Auburn vs Georgia State @ Jordan-Hare Stadium on SEC Network. 3PM.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Alabama vs Southern Miss @ Bryant-Denny Stadium on SECN. 6:30PM.
- Saturday, Sept. 25: UAB vs Tulane @ Yulman Stadium on EPSN+. 7PM.
- Sunday, Sept. 26: The BA Foundation’s Kick-Off Event & Cornhole Tournament @ Ferus Artisan Ales – Trussville. 2-6PM.
- Sunday, Sept. 26: Symphony 30’s Private Picnic in the Park @ Birmingham Botanical Gardens. 4-6PM.
Ready to get your sweat on?
Ignite Cycle is dropping a ride specifically for the Bham Now audience September 30 at 6:30 PM. Head to this link to reserve your spot in this exclusive class, and get ready to put on those cycling shoes!
- Wednesday, Sept. 29-Saturday, Oct. 2: Vintage Market Days Birmingham @ The Finley Center. 10AM-4PM. $100.
- Thursday, Sept. 30: Widespread Grace 2021 benefiting Red Mountain Grace @ Haven. 5:30-8PM. Individual Ticket – $75. Stay at Home Ticket – $100. Tickets.
- Thursday, Sept. 30-Sunday, Oct. 3: Antiques at the Gardens@ Birmingham Botanical Gardens. Time + Price Varies. Tickets.
- Friday-Saturday, Oct. 1-2: Alabama Butterbean Festival @ Downtown Pinson. Friday 6-10PM, Saturday 9AM-4PM. Admission is free.
- Saturday, Oct. 2: CahabaQue benefiting Breast Cancer Research Foundation of AL @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 1-5PM. $15-$50. Tickets.
- Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 2-3: BHM 26.2 benefiting Magic City Moments + Children’s of AL @ Sloss Furnaces.
- Saturday, Oct. 2: SliceFest @ Lakeview District. Gates open at 3PM. General Admission – $35, VIP – $150. Tickets.
- Saturday-Saturday, Oct. 2-9: Magic City Mural Fest with Blank Space Bham @ Woodlawn. Free to participate.
- Saturday, Oct. 2: Bluff Park Art Show @ The Park at Shades Cliff – Hoover. 9AM-5PM. Admission is free.