Read Time 1 Minutes
The fourth annual Dancing with the Stars of the Magic City benefitting First Light is taking place on Thursday, October 7th. You don’t want to miss it! Keep reading for the scoop on the contestants and details of the show.
Dancing for the women and children of First Light
There is nothing better than watching Bham stars dance while raising money for a local nonprofit.
First Light is a shelter and resource for women and children experiencing homelessness. Their fierce mission is to create hospitality in a safe and nurturing community, encourage dignity, find hope, seek opportunity, and inspire spiritual growth.
Dancing with the Stars of the Magic City is a project of First Light’s junior board, the First Light Young Partners. All of the proceeds raised by this dance competition will support First Light’s emergency shelter and supportive housing programs. So far, over $65,000 has been raised. How dazzling!
Rundown of the show
- When: Thursday, October 7th at 6:30PM.
- Where: Via livestream from The Lyric Theatre
- Cost: $20
- Get tickets
Meet the stars of The Magic City
The dancing teams aren’t competing for the Mirrorball, but the Torch People’s Choice Award, which is given to the team who inspires the most support for First Light.
Drumroll, please…introducing the 2021 teams:
- Hannah Baker and Tawny Stephens
- Blake Boland and Christon Burnette
- Craig Casidy and Ava Desiderio
- Jason Clark and Amanda Ford
- Charles Daniel and Wendy Zito
- Betty Drennan and Henry Scott
- Emily Ferrell and Asha Gangolli
- Dr. Bertha Hildago and David Odenwelder
- John Hollingsworth and Sarah Giles
- Meghan Leon and TJ Zito
- Doug Patton and Melissa Foster
- Brandy Robertson and Megan Miller
- Josh Schaff and Hannah Echols
These Magic City icons and legendary Bham choreographers will be tearing up the dance floor on October 7th.
Who will come out on top this year? Let us know on Instagram.