Read Time 3 Minutes
The Magic City is buzzing with excitement all weekend long. Birmingham Restaurant Week is still popping, a new exhibit is unveiled downtown and much more. Now, mask up if you’re so inclined and check out what’s ahead, August 20-22.
This Weekend in The Magic City
It’s too gouda not to share
Local food vendor, chef or awesome cook? The 4th annual Magic City Mac + Cheese Fest is back November 14 at Back Forty Beer Co., and they want YOU to be a vendor. If you’re in the mood for some seriously cheesy competition, complete a vendor form now.
Eat up, y’all
Birmingham Restaurant Week continues through the weekend, so don’t miss out! Over 60 local restaurants and food trucks are serving up incredible meals and deals with menus ranging from $5-$50. Grab a bite—now-Aug. 29. Find out which restaurants are participating + more.
Calling all heroes in a half shell!
It’s time to unleash those ninja skills and prepare for action. On Saturday, August 21, one of the coolest exhibits around hits McWane Science Center in Birmingham—Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secrets of the Sewer. Find out why this exhibit will have you shouting Awesome! Sat. 10AM-5PM, Sun. Noon-5PM. Price varies. Tickets
Score FREE tickets to McWane. Enter our giveaway now!
Juneteenth part 2
Rain may have postponed TheMGB Culture & Community Fest Honoring Juneteenth back in June, but this weekend… IT’S HAPPENING! So grab the fam and head to Legion Field from Noon-10PM for a day of good music and tasty food in honor of Juneteenth. Tickets are $5-$8.
More to Discover
- Friday-Sunday, August, 20-22: A Magic Experience in IMAX: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone @ McWane Science Center’s IMAX Theatre. Fri. 9AM-5PM, Sat. 10AM-5PM, Sun. Noon-5PM. Adult – $10 | Child – $9 | Senior – $9. Tickets.
- Friday, August 20: Eat in the Streets @ Pepper Place. 5-9PM.
- Friday, August 20: Really Mellon Dance Party @ Electra. 10PM-4AM. $5.
- Saturday, August 21: Back to Hogwarts @ McWane Science Center. 10AM-5PM. General Admission. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 21: Speak For Magic City Block Party @ 5526 1st Ave S, Woodlawn. 4-7PM. FREE.
- Saturday, August 21: Back-to-School Art Scavenger Hunt @ Downtown Trussville. 10AM-2PM. Free to participate.
- Saturday, August 21: Art in August Food Truck Frenzy @ Interstellar Ginger Beer + Exploration (Calera). 6-10PM. Free Admission.
- Sunday, August 22: Full Circle Pop-Up Sale @ Levite Jewish Community Center. 10AM-3PM. Free Admission.
- Sunday, August 22: L’Chaim 2021 honoring the life of Phyllis Grusin Weinstein @ Red Mountain Theatre + Live Online. 3-4:30PM.
Extra, extra! Discover 41 new home listings hot on the market with RealtySouth.
- Monday-Sunday, August 23-29: Sidewalk Film Festival @ Birmingham’s Historic Theatre District. Film Schedule. Tickets.
- Friday, August 27: Birmingham Botanical Gardens Fall Plant Sale. Members Only ONLINE shopping event.
- Friday-Saturday, August 27-28: Eat in the Streets @ Downtown Birmingham. Fri. 5-10PM, Sat. 10AM-10PM.
- Friday-Saturday, August 27-28: Birmingham MiniFEST @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 5:45PM-2AM. Over 21 – $20, Under 21 – $25.Tickets.
- Saturday, August 28: Journey of Hope benefiting Unite Ability. VIRTUAL from Red Mountain Theatre. 6PM.
- Saturday, August 28: Lifeline Children’s Services – R(un) for One 5K @ Veteran’s Park (Meadowbrook). 5K – 8AM, 1 Mile Fun Run – 8:45AM. $15-$30. Register.
- Saturday, August, 28: VIRTUAL Kickin’ Chicken fundraiser benefiting The Literacy Council. 5-6PM. Watch + Donate.
- Saturday, August 28: Battle of the Bands @ Trussville Civic Center. 6PM.