The best time of the year is almost here! Birmingham Restaurant Week 2021 (BRW) presented by Spire is bringing killer deals to the Magic City Thursday, Aug. 12-Sunday, Aug. 29. Not sure where to start? We’ve got ya covered with a guide to what you can expect.
18 days of pure deliciousness
Even if you aren’t familiar with Birmingham Restaurant Week, you probably know how many great food spots are in Birmingham. Whether you’re craving a refreshing cocktail or you want a savory bite to eat, there are so many options that The Magic City may as well be dubbed The Foodie City.
Birmingham Restaurant Week is an 18-day celebration of local restaurants. There will be options for whatever you’re craving in a range of budgets and neighborhoods.
Here’s how it works: participating restaurants will have special two, three and/or four-course breakfast, lunch and/or dinner menus at a prix-fixe price. Translation: BRW menus will have set prices from $5 to $50 per person, and you’ll get to try at least two or more courses at each location!
Here are the tasty deets:
- Thursday, Aug. 12—Sunday, Aug. 29
- 60+ restaurants & food trucks
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner menus ranging from $5-$50
What’s on the menu during Birmingham Restaurant Week 2021?
I’m glad you asked. I have a running bucket list of local restaurants to try, so Birmingham Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to try as much as possible—on a budget. Here’s a look at just a few of the restaurants I’m most excited to check out.
P.S. Selecting your meal is easy thanks to BRW’s search filter powered by Bham Now. This handy tool lets you filter by meal type, price range, location and more to make finding your next meal a breeze.
Breakfast, Brunch + Coffee
- Crestline Bagel Co. | $5-$15
- FILTER Coffee Parlor | $5-$20
- Five Points South: 1927 11th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Rolls. | $5-$15
- Homewood: 2900 Crescent Ave, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Craft’s on Church Street | $10-$25
- Mountain Brook: 49 Church Street, Mountain Brook, AL 35213
- Basil Pizza & Bar | $10-$20
- Crestline Park: 1101 Dunston Ave, Birmingham, AL 35213
- BLUEROOT | $15
- Birmingham: 2829 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- La Tía Paisa Taco Shop | $10-$20
- Homewood: 406 W Valley Ave, Homewood, AL 35209
- Ashley Mac’s | $15-$40
- Vestavia Hills: 3147 Green Valley Rd, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
- Eugene’s Hot Chicken | $15
- Hoover: 3232 Galleria Circle, Hoover, AL 35244
- Watkins Branch Bourbon & Brasserie | $45
- Mountain Brook: 2708 Culver Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
- Avondale Burger Co. Food Truck | $30
- Avondale: 201 41st Street S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Bistro 218 | $50
- Birmingham: 218 20th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Evelyn’s Southern Fare | $50
- Mountain Brook: 2031 Cahaba Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
- Pappas’ Grill | $10-$25
- Vestavia Hills: 1066 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
There’s even more to enjoy during Birmingham Restaurant Week 2021
But wait… there’s more. After you’ve enjoyed great deals on the best of Birmingham’s food and drink, you can enjoy events from select restaurants and chefs.
Experience an Italian-themed wine tasting by sipping flights and sampling complimentary appetizers – all while enjoying sophisticated entertainment and Vino’s award-winning patio.
- When: Wednesday, August 18, 4:30-7PM
- Where: Vino & Gallery Bar
- What: Wine flight tasting event with delish food + live music
- $30 per person | $50 per couple | Limited numbers of walk-up tickets for $35
- Buy tickets.
There will be even more events to enjoy, so keep checking back on the BRW events tab for more updates!
For the love of local
Birmingham Restaurant Week is all about supporting local. After the struggles the restaurant industry has gone through, it’s more important than ever to protect our local culinary industry. During BRW, you’ll be able to try different restaurants at an affordable price and support local at the same time. We call that a win-win for Birmingham.
“Birmingham’s culinary and beverage industry and its residents have been through a year of heartbreak due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Birmingham Restaurant Week 2021 is a bright spot for everyone.”Bill Stoeffhaas, Co-Founder, Birmingham Restaurant Week
BRW 2021 is made possible by sponsors, including Spire, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Red Diamond Coffee & Tea, Sysco Foods, Birmingham Budweiser, Coca-Cola United, United-Johnson Brothers, Birmingham City Council, Amplify Marketing Solutions, Complete Janitorial Services, Strategic Tax & Accounting, ExcursionsGo, Fox 6 WBRC, Birmingham Mountain Radio and Bham Now.