Read Time 3 Minutes
There’s a new entertainment venue coming to Birmingham, and it’s nothing like anything you’ve seen before. The Fennec is a brand-new entertainment concept opening in Birmingham’s Parkside District tonight, August 13. Check out why it’ll be your new go-to spot, with everything from an amazing restaurant to an intimate stage for live music.
A one-of-a-kind venue in Birmingham
The Fennec has everything you need for a great night out in Birmingham, whether you want to enjoy live music or savor a meal with friends. What makes The Fennec such a stand-out spot? For starters, their Director of Operations, Jameson Cesar, led operations for Hard Rock International Hard Rock Cafe in Atlantic City.
“I know for a fact there’s nothing in Birmingham like this. You can have a wedding up here, fully plated, and then afterwards, you can go downstairs to our restaurant and to a full concert. You can’t do that anywhere else.”Jameson Cesar, Director of Operations, The Fennec
- Where: 1630 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11AM-12AM | Friday-Saturday 11AM-2AM
- Website | Instagram | Facebook
PS: Their unofficial grand opening is tonight. Trust us, you don’t want to miss this.
“Unofficial” grand opening details
- Drink specials: $5 draft beers all Friday night
- Friday, August 13 details:
- Rick & Johnny, 5PM
- Cam Spinks Band, 8PM
- DJ Michael Warren, 11PM
- Saturday, August 14 details:
- Brendan Young, 11:30AM-1:30PM
- Glen & Libba, 4:30PM
- Brendan Young Band, 8PM
When you walk into The Fennec, you’ll immediately see tons of gorgeous open spaces with plenty of room for relaxing. Grab a table for a small group of friends, or reserve a private room for a large party. No matter where you sit, you can enjoy top-notch music and a great menu.
Event spaces for any occasion
Weddings, parties and meetings will never be the same when you reserve a space at The Fennec. Their amazing sound systems and delicious menus will make every night one to remember.
- The Sienna: This intimate room in the front of the building holds up to 35 people.
- VIP booth: The VIP booth has room for 25 people with bottle service + a great view of the live music on stage.
- Foxhole Lounge: Enjoy the reservation-only Foxhole Lounge for handcrafted cocktails and stylish decor.
- The Cypress: This upstairs space can be split into different rooms depending on your event’s needs.
- The Social at the Fennec: Your events will pop like never before at The Social, the spacious upstairs venue in The Fennec with room for 400-450 people. Enjoy live music from the stage, a bar with specialty drinks, catering from The Fennec and even a dressing room for brides.
Live music on a state-of-the-art stage
A night out in Birmingham is even better when you add live music to the mix. Downstairs, the huge stage and dance floor are the perfect spots for weekend jamming.
The Fennec is announcing new concerts, so keep up with their event calendar to see when your favorite musicians take the stage.
Tasty bites + refreshing cocktails
The Fennec’s menu is crafted by the one and only Chris Hastings, so you know it’s going to be good. There are different options depending on which space you’re in. Pro tip: make it a bucket list goal to try each menu.
Here’s a taste of what each offers:
- The Fennec Menu
- Bandana burger with cheddar, smoked bacon + tomato
- Fried seafood platter of oysters, shrimp + grouper
- Peach shortcake
- Foxhole Lounge
- Short rib empanada
- Campfire chicken romesco
- Roasted lamb chops
- Late Night Menu
- Jumbo buffalo wings
- Chips & avocado tomato salsa
- Fresh baked pretzel with mustard & cheddar sauce
Looking for an amazing job? The Fennec is hiring servers and staff with amazing benefits, so apply now.
You don’t want to miss Birmingham’s newest entertainment venue
It’s not just an event space, or a cocktail lounge or restaurant—The Fennec has it all. If you like to be in on the action, don’t miss the grand opening on Friday, August 20.
“I know for a fact we have the best bartenders in the business. We’re offering live music five days a week.
You can come here for lunch on your lunch break, get live music, get good food, go home and then come back. We’re covering all of our bases.”Jameson Cesar, Director of Operations, The Fennec
Heading to The Fennec on Friday, August 20? Show us your photos by tagging @bhamnow and @thefennecbham on Instagram!