Another weekend already? Oh, yes! And trust me, you won’t want to sleep through this one. Birmingham Restaurant Week is in full swing, Hammerfest is cycling through once more + bands are taking over local stages. Are you ready? Scroll on for what’s ahead August 13-15.
This Weekend in The Magic City
The ultimate foodie experience
Birmingham Restaurant Week (BRW) kicked off Thursday, Aug. 12, and we’re hungry for ALL the amazing eats ahead. 🤤 Grab food from 60+ restaurants and food trucks with menus ranging from $5-$50, now-Aug. 29. Find out which restaurants are participating in the event + more.
You don’t have to DRAG me to brunch
AIDS Alabama hosts their very first Rise ‘n Drag Benefit Drag Brunch on Saturday, Aug. 14 at Black Market Bar & Grill–Five Points South. Expect The Magic City’s most fabulous drag queens, delicious food and specials on mimosas. Doors open at 11AM; show begins at Noon. Don’t drag around—limited reserved tickets are available for $20 and General Admission is $15.
Ready. Set. Cycle!
Birmingham’s hottest cycling event, Hammerfest, rolls into Pepper Place Sat-Sun, Aug. 14-15. On the agenda: a dog PAW-rade, fun costumes, food trucks, a beer garden + cycling races galore. Admission is FREE. More info here.
Love me some rum
Did you know National Rum Day is Monday, Aug. 16? Celebrate early with Campesino Rum during a Special Tasting at LeNell’s Beverage Boutique—Sat, Aug. 14 from 1-3PM. Psst! The event also marks Campesino Rum’s 2nd anniversary, so expect some added thrills. Admission is FREE. Register to attend.
Fun fact: there are more than 400 species of sharks, and they range from seven inches to 60 feet. If you’re interested in more JAWsome facts and programs, check out Shark Week at McWane Science Center’s World of Water, now-Sun, Aug. 15. Buy your tickets online or at the door.
41 extraordinary new home listings just dropped with RealtySouth. Which one’s calling your name?
The Fennec holds their grand opening Friday, August 13. Check out musical acts all night and $2 drafts.
More to Discover
- Friday, August 13: Club Gaston benefiting A.G. Gaston Boys & Girls Club @ Walter Howlett Jr. Clubhouse. 7PM. $75-$125. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 14: Valley Creek Clean up with Jefferson County Health Department @ 545 B Y Williams Sr. Dr, Birmingham, AL 35228. 8-11AM.
- Saturday, August 14: Woodlawn Night Market @ Woodlawn Street Market. 4-8PM. Free Admission. Free Admission.
- Saturday, August 14: Le Diner en Blanc Birmingham Kick Off Party @ The Summit. 7-11PM. $45-$400. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 14: Eat in the Streets @ The Pizitz. 10AM-10PM.
- Sunday, August 15: The Wildflowers: A Tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers @ Alabama Theatre. 7PM. $10. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 14: The Molly Ringwalds @ Avondale Brewing Co. 7:30PM.
- Monday, August 16: Journey to Africa LIVE Dance Production @ Virginia Samford Theatre. 6PM. $15. Kids 12 and under – FREE. Tickets.
- Wednesday, August 18: BRW 2021 Wine-o-Logy @ Vino + Gallery Bar. 4:30-7PM. Single – $30, Walk-Up Single – $35, Couples – $50. Tickets.
- Thursday, August 19: KIDS Korner benefiting YWCA Central AL’s Child Development Center @ Regions Field. 6PM. Single – $75, Couples – $125. Tickets.
- Friday, August 20: Grand Opening @ The Fennec.
- Friday, August 20: Eat in the Streets @ Pepper Place. 5-9PM.
- Saturday, August 21: Back to Hogwarts @ McWane Science Center. 10AM-5PM. General Admission. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 21: Speak for Magic City block party @ 5526 1st Ave S, Woodlawn. 4-7PM. FREE.
- Saturday, August 21: Kickin’ Chicken benefiting The Literacy Council @ Ghost Train Brewing Co. 3-6PM. General Admission. $15, VIP – $25. Tickets.
- Saturday, August 21: McWane Has Turtle Power (New Exhibit) @ McWane Science Center. General Hours. Gen. Admission. Tickets.
- Monday-Sunday, August 23-29: Sidewalk Film Festival @ Birmingham’s Historic Theatre District. Film Schedule. Tickets.
Deal of the Week
Southern Roots Wine. Use discount code BHAMNOW for 20% off retail + free shipping of 12 or more bottles of Napa Valley wines.
Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.