Read Time 1 Minutes
United Ability’s Employment Services Program (UAESP) has always been outstanding, and now they have the awards to prove it. See why the UAESP was named Jim Green’s Agency of the Year, and how their award-winning program and services are changing lives
The Jim Green Agency of the Year Award
The Jim Green Agency of the Year Award is a prestigious honor awarded annually by the Alabama Association of People Supporting Employment First (AL-APSE), an organization that provides job opportunities and services for people with disabilities.
Each year, an organization receives the Jim Green Agency of the Year Award for their job offer services to people living with disabilities—which results in better job opportunities and community inclusion.
The significant service program
United Ability’s Employment Service Program is one of two local organizations that provide summer work services for students with disabilities in the Greater Birmingham area.
United Ability’s program helps students find and maintain meaningful jobs while developing employment skills through virtual tests and training. As well as, develop new jobs with essential businesses.
UAESP has helped:
- Over 1,200 people in the programs
- 62 people landed community jobs
- 160 people maintained employment
- 73% of eligible clients in competitive employment
Learn more about United Ability’s work in the Greater Birmingham community:
- Learning job and life skills: see how United Ability prepares students with disabilities for work
- United Ability partners with Hibbett to host summer jobs
- See how United Ability continues to teach, care and love during the COVID-19 crisis
Do you know anyone who has participated in United Ability’s Employment Service Program? Tag @unitedability on social media and let them know how the program has changed lives!