YWCA Central Alabama’s KIDS Korner event is back on Thursday, August 19, but this year the event is at Regions Field from 6-9PM and has been reimagined into a night to feel like a kid again! Learn how this local organization is rolling cotton candy, fireworks and fundraising into one fun—and important—event. Tickets available now.
About KIDS Korner
Thursday, August 19 marks YWCA Central AL’s 14th year for their KIDS Korner event, and they couldn’t be more excited. Why, you ask?
Because it’s all about helping local children and families. All proceeds from KIDS Korner benefit YWCA Central AL’s Child Development Center and the children it serves each and every day.
“We are so grateful to the community for their continued support of the KIDS Korner event, now in its 14th year. This event is crucial in raising funds to support the kids in our Child Development Center, and this year we are so excited about the new look of the event.
KIDS Korner is one of our largest sources of support for the CDC, so we hope to see both familiar and new faces as we celebrate with a fireworks finale!”Dr. LaRhonda Magras, CEO, YWCA Central AL
There are more reasons you’ll want to attend KIDS Korner. Here are a few:
- It takes place at one of the coolest stadiums around—Regions Field.
- Enjoy elevated versions of your favorite food like mini hot-dogs and mac & cheese balls and taste a custom cotton candy cocktail created special for the event by Neon Moon/Queen’s Park.
- There will be lots of games to play, including corn hole, Jenga, horse shoes, ladder toss, giant Connect Four and an inflatable basketball shoot-off station.
- Watercolors painted by kids from YWCA’s Child Development Center will be on display and available for purchase.
- You’ll hear sick beats from a local DJ and have the chance to hit the dance floor to show off your best moves.
- You’ll have the chance to oooh and ahhh over jewelry from Avani Rupa Fine Jewelers + a chance to win a piece of jewelry.
What’s at the heart of YWCA of Central AL + their Child Development Center?
The answer is social justice. YWCA Central AL is dedicated to:
- Eliminating racism
- Empowering women
- Promoting peace, justice, freedom + dignity for all
One of the many ways they do this is through their nationally accredited Child Development Center. Here’s what you should know:
- It’s an early learning center whose goal is to ensure children experiencing homelessness or living in low-income or at-risk households are kindergarten-ready, and provides a safe place to learn, grow, play and forget about their adult-sized worries.
- Early childhood development professionals provide high quality programming and specialized learning experiences to students in a supportive and positive classroom climate.
Interested in learning more about YWCA of Central AL? Follow this link.
How to participate in KIDS Korner
There are three ways to take part in YWCA Central AL’s KIDS Korner event:
Whichever way you choose to participate, you’ll be supporting an amazing cause.
What: KIDS Korner benefiting YWCA of Central AL’s Child Development Center
When: Thursday, August 19 | 6-9PM
Where: Regions Field, 1401 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
Price: Single Ticket – $75 | Couples Ticket – $125