Read Time 2 Minutes
After a year of “what the heck?” AIDS Alabama’s 5th annual Funky Food Truck Festival is back and better than ever. Head to Cahaba Brewing this Saturday, June 12 from 1–5PM for food trucks like Cousins Maine Lobster, vendors and more. Keep reading to find out all the details.
1. You’ll have plenty of food trucks to choose from
Food trucks will line the parking lot outside Cahaba Brewing Company, providing incredible choices. Here’s who will be there wowing the crowd:
- Mexican: Corazon Mexican
- Vegan: RendezVous Kitchen Co.
- Street corn: Aww Shucks
- Hot chicken: Eugene’s Hot Chicken
- Italian: Ruscelli’s
- Maine lobster: Cousin’s Maine Lobster
2. There will be options for drinks and dessert, too, at the Funky Food Truck Festival
Finish your meal and cool off with popsicles or sno-balls:
And, you can relax on Cahaba Brewing’s patio with your favorite brew or a beat-the-heat summer cocktail made with Cahaba vodka.
3. You can shop local
Once your belly’s happy, check out the local artisans and pop-up shops under the shade of Cahaba’s covered patio.
Need to find a one-of-a-kind, very special gift for a special someone (or for yourself)? This is the perfect spot to look, while shopping local and supporting small businesses and makers.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find:
- Jewelry: Mountain Breeze Earrings
- Pottery: Made by Marika
- Art: Paul Cordes Wilm
- Candles: Wax & Tin
- CBD products: Near To Me CBD
- Garden: SHOPPE
4. The Funky Food Truck Festival is all for a good cause
A portion of every dollar you spend at the Funky Food Truck Festival goes to AIDS Alabama. Why? To support their work to prevent the spread of HIV, house the homeless and provide outpatient mental health and substance abuse services to some of Birmingham’s most vulnerable.
Cahaba Brewing, food truck owners and vendors are generously donating a percentage of the day’s sales to AIDS Alabama to support their programs.
5. The deets
- When: Saturday, June 12, 1-5PM
- Where: Cahaba Brewing Company, 4500 5th Ave S Building C, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Cost: free
- Donations: suggested minimum donations of $5 are welcomed + encouraged—text FUNKY to 41444. No amount is too small and of course no amount is too large.
- Buy a Funky Food Truck Festival T-shirt
And remember everybody, STAY FUNKY!