Is there anything better than tearing into a warm buttermilk biscuit? If you need an excuse to indulge, we’ve got a great one—today, Friday, May 14, is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Here are six spots in Birmingham to find them.
1. Flying Biscuit Cafe
No matter what you’re in the mood for, Flying Biscuit Cafe’s menu will have something you love. Try their fluffy flying biscuits with cranberry apple butter or their Southern Style Benedict, a biscuit with pimento cheese, eggs, applewood bacon and hollandaise.
- Address: 3419 Colonnade Pkwy, #100, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-2PM | Saturday-Sunday 7AM-3PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.438.6857
2. Maple Street Biscuit Co.
If you’re looking for buttermilk biscuits in Birmingham, Maple Street Biscuit Company in Homewood is a great option. Their biscuits are made with maple syrup for a perfectly sweet touch. Plus, find egg dishes to pair with your delish biscuits.
- Address: 2801 18th St S, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 7AM-2PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.414.0999
3. Big Bad Breakfast
Big Bad Breakfast knows that a tasty buttermilk biscuit is an essential part of your breakfast, so they have plenty of delicious options on the menu. Try their black pepper/buttermilk biscuits in a biscuit sandwich with two eggs and cheese or in the “Mother of All Biscuits”, a sandwich with fried chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Address: 1926 29th Ave S, Homewood, AL 35209 (Homewood) | 5361 US-280, Birmingham, AL 35242 (280)
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 7AM-2:30PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.666.7099 (Homewood) | 205.490.7568 (280)
Jack’s warm, buttery biscuits taste like someone woke up with the sun to make them—oh wait, that’s because Jack’s biscuit makers do start making their biscuits at 4AM. Get them plain on the side of your meal or try a biscuit sandwich.
5. Bogue’s Restaurant
- Address: 3120 Clairmont Ave, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Hours: Monday-Friday 6AM-2PM, 5-9PM | Saturday 6AM-12PM | Sunday 7AM-1PM
- Facebook | Instagram | 205.254.9780
6. Ruby Sunshine
Ruby Sunshine’s menu is full of options for buttermilk biscuit lovers, and they’re anything but “crumby”. Try one of their unique eggs benedicts over a buttermilk biscuit, a buttermilk and cinnamon swirl biscuit or biscuits and gravy. PS—a new Ruby Sunshine is coming to Highway 280 soon.
- Address: 1017 Oxmoor Rd, Ste 101, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-2PM | Saturday-Sunday 7:30AM-3PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.496.8710