Calling all local entrepreneurs and small business owners! If you’re dreaming of growing your product line and/or business, you won’t want to miss this opportunity during Walmart’s Open Call. Read on for the exciting details.
Participate in Walmart’s Open Call for products made, grown or assembled in the US
There’s no doubt you’ve ventured inside a Walmart store as least a dozen times in your life. And as you know, it’s filled with aisle after aisle, shelf upon shelf of products. But have you ever wondered where all those products come from?
Your initial thought is probably “large manufacturing companies”, but that’s only partly accurate. What you may not know is that many of the store’s products come from local entrepreneurs and small business owners just like you.
How did local entrepreneurs and small business owners make this happen? By applying for Walmart’s Open Call for products made, grown or assembled in the US.
This year marks the corporation’s eight annual Open Call and they’re inviting Alabama entrepreneurs to apply.
Bham Now loves supporting small businesses!
Want more people to know about your business? Add it to our Small Business Guide. It’s free to sign up.
What: Walmart’s VIRTUAL Open Call for products made, grown or assembled in the US
When: June 30
Deadline to Apply: April 30
Why is this good for Birmingham’s start ups and entrepreneurs?
On March 3, Walmart announced a new commitment: to spend an additional $350B in the US. Their annual Open Call is one way they support this commitment.
Estimates reveal that this extra $350B will support more than 750,000 new American jobs. That is quite a bit of pie available to local entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Magic City.
How to Apply
Want a shot at having your products displayed on Walmart shelves?
- First, apply here.
- Next, attend Walmart’s Virtual Open Call event on June 30. Here you’ll: give your still pitch in a one-on-one pitch meeting with Walmart merchants; hear directly from Walmart Executives; and participate in breakout sessions to learn more on valuable topics and resources available to you.
What if your product is chosen?
This year’s Open Call attendees could secure opportunities ranging from promoting products in a handful of stores in local markets to supplying products to hundreds, even thousands, of Walmart stores, Sam’s Clubs and more. Wow!
Are you ready to get your startup booming? Apply here by April 30 for Walmart’s Virtual Open Call event taking place June 30.
Inspiring local startups and entrepreneurs + resources
- These 4 Alabama startups have big plans for 2021—here’s what we learned
- Birmingham startups in the news—great jobs, networking + biz dev resources
- 2 Birmingham initiatives helping to support local businesses and startups
- Meet the 8 startups who made the cut in Innovation Depot’s 2021 Velocity Accelerator
- 5 Birmingham startups you never heard of that could make your life better NOW. 2 are hiring