We love getting out and exploring our Magic City. As we head into the new year, we wanted to take you with us, thanks to our friends over at RealtySouth. Tag along as we get an insider’s tour of one of Birmingham’s hottest areas from a local expert who knows it well.
Meet the Expert
Sloane Rhoden is a Birmingham native who has been a licensed Realtor since 2013. She’s a member of one of our favorite teams in town, RealtySouth.
Sloane is a Bham pro—she works in Vestavia and spends a lot of her time downtown. As someone who’s about as community-oriented as they come, Sloane loves supporting Birmingham’s small businesses.
We wanted to get an insider’s look at one of Birmingham’s buzziest areas, so we reached out to RealtySouth, Alabama’s largest real estate company.
Located just east of Downtown Birmingham, Crestwood and Forest Park are two of the most popular areas in the metro for dining, living and shopping. We went to check them out for ourselves—follow along!
Follow us to Forest Park and Crestwood
⬇️ check out this video ⬇️
Sloane took us on a tour of some of her favorite spots in the area. Here’s a preview:
- Urban Suburban – multi-vendor vintage and antique shop
- Thank You Books – woman-owned independent book store
- Crestwood Coffee – coffee shop + café
- The Filling Station – pizza café and bar with live music and more
- SHOPPE – garden, home, and gift store
- The Rougaroux – “the best Cajun food outside of NOLA”
As someone who both lives and sells houses in this area, Sloane said one of the main draws is the proximity to downtown. With plenty of energy and a wide variety of things to do, the area is popular with young professionals, families and more.
Live in the Center of the Action
It might be the abundance of small businesses and locally-owned restaurants, it might be the parks and walkability, it might be the proximity to downtown—whatever attracts you to the area, Forest Park and Crestwood are ready to welcome you.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect in the greater Birmingham housing market. Good news for you: the market is proving to be more responsive in 2020 than it was in 2019, based on Q3 comparisons.
If you’re a buyer or a seller looking for the best in the real estate game, pick an office and give them a call!
Looking for other outstanding Birmingham businesses and restaurants to support? We asked Sloane to share a few of her local favorites—here’s what she recommends:
- basic. – basic. is a slow fashion shop focused on thoughtfully designed, ethically-made, small-batch staple apparel.
- Fancy Face – Birmingham’s first Facial Bar. Facials are designed to give you refreshed skin with no downtime in 30-45 minutes.
- Club Duquette – A modern mom and pop quality lifestyle brand with clothing, supplies, and good vibes for all people.
- El Barrio – Downtown bar and grill inspired by multi-regional Mexican cuisine, urban design and locally sourced ingredients.
- Birmingham Candy Co. – Your hometown candy business. They focus on local, southern, and handcrafted sweets.
- Beacon Yoga – A yoga studio focused on building connection through movement, breath and community.
- Trove – Trove is a gift and home goods store that offers a carefully curated selection of “treasures” with an emphasis on craftsmanship and design.
Click the links + check them out in person to see why these local businesses made Sloane’s list. Don’t miss out!
If you want to make big moves in 2021, we support it—and there’s no time like the present. Contact RealtySouth today.