Read Time 2 Minutes
Anyone else really missing live music? We’re itching to see a show, and thankfully Birmingham’s music scene is picking up some steam. Check out these free events happening over the next two weeks to get your live music fix.
- What: See Three’s Company—a new band arrangement comprised of three Birmingham music veterans, Will Cash, Peyton Grant + Eddie Gray—play some jazz and funk fusion tunes.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 12 from 6-9PM
- Where: Ghost Train Brewing Co.
- Details: This is event is free—just bring a mask, a brew and enjoy.
- What: Enjoy an intimate + socially distant afternoon of songs and storytelling hosted by the Friends of Avondale Park and Red Mountain Theatre Company.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 12 starting at 4:30PM
- Where: Avondale Park Amphitheatre
- Details: Admission is free, and seating is first-come, first-serve. Don’t forget your masks, and feel free to bring a stadium chair or blanket to sit on during the event.
- What: Celebrate Sunday Funday at Avondale Brewing and jam to live music from T.U.B, The UnKnamed Band.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 13 from 2PM–5PM
- Where: Avondale Brewing Company
- Details: This event is free, and word on the street is they’ll also be showing the Saints game inside on the bar TVs.
- What: Catch the soft launch of Opera Shots, Opera Birmingham’s annual pop-up concert series featuring members of the Opera Birmingham Chorus and surprise guest artists presenting an open-mic-style concert of the greatest hits of opera + musical theatre.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 13 from 5PM-6PM
- Where: Opera Birmingham’s parking lot
- Details: Bring your mask, a lawn chair, some snacks + drinks, and enjoy this free event!
*Note: They’ll be monitoring the weather forecast for Sunday. If the weather is too rainy, they’ll cancel the event by 2PM and announce it on social. Follow them on Instagram for updates!
- What: Grab some grub from the Food Hall, a drink from The Louis Bar and head to The Courtyard at The Pizitz for FREE live music.
- When: Thursday, Sept. 24, from 6PM-8PM
- Where: In The Courtyard at The Pizitz
- Details: The Rebecca Egeland Band will bring the tunes, you just need to bring yourself and a mask!