Have you ever returned from a relaxing weekend getaway at the beach and thought, what if I owned my own vacation condo? Well, you’re not the only one. Beachfront properties are super popular, and it’s no surprise why. We spoke with an agent from LAH Real Estate who specializes in beachfront properties to learn more.
Have you ever thought about why beachfront properties are so popular (besides the obvious)?
“Owning a beach property helps tie you to the community. There are these small pockets of walkable communities with local restaurants, parks, lakes and more that really add to the hometown feel.”Reba Myer, LAH Real Estate
Recently, interest in beach condos has risen due to COVID-19. People still love visiting the beach, but the crowded, popular tourist areas can be a bit uncertain. Rather than stay at a hotel and visit the same old public beach, beachgoers are drifting towards condo ownership—a place to go that’s theirs.
- Easy Access: Birmingham is a short 4-hour drive from the Gulf Coast—perfect for a weekend getaway.
- Become Part of the Community: With your own property, you can discover authentic areas of the beach while staying away from the tourist-y areas.
- Earn Passive Income: With a beach property, you can take a quick trip to the beach whenever you’d like, plus earn passive income by renting the property out in the meantime.
According to LAH Real Estate, now is the perfect time to consider a beach property. Interest rates for housing loans are the lowest we’ve seen in years, and on top of that, rental prices are trending higher year over year.
“It’s a great time to buy. Right now, mortgage rates are staying steadily low while rental prices are increasing. Developers are still building, especially in the Destin and 30A areas, which is a sign that people really want to live there.”Reba Myer, LAH Real Estate
And now, onto four must-own properties on the coast!
1. A Gorgeous Condo in Destin
- Address: 725 Gulf Shore Drive #205B, Destin, FL 32541
- Details: 3 bed |3 bath | 2,044 square feet | Condo
Is there anything better than watching the sun set on the beach? This stunning condo in Destin Harbor offers an unmatched view of the sunset from its 700 square-foot balcony. The 2,044 square-foot condo is fully furnished, and comes with recently-replaced HVAC and new kitchen appliances. With three bedrooms, three full baths, an assigned parking space, and easy access to the pool and the beach, this condo is perfect for lovers of the sea!
2. A Stunning View of the Gulf of Mexico
- Address: 404 Kelly Plantation Drive #1108, Destin, FL 32541
- Details: 3 bed | 3 bath | 3,220 square feet | Condo
Love golf and the beach? This stunning “Castleton” unit in the One Water Place in Kelly Plantation might be for you. The gorgeous wrap-around terrace has an unmatched view of the Fred Couples-designed golf course and the Gulf of Mexico. The inside of the condo is just as beautiful—hardwood flooring, extensive crown molding on its 10-foot ceilings, a cozy fireplace and more. And, if you like to cook, the expansive kitchen is a chef’s delight. This unit also comes with two parking spots as well as a climate-controlled storage unit right outside.
3. Unparalleled Access to Santa Rosa Beach
- Address: 2421 W County Highway 30A #Unit F303, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Details: 3 bed | 3 bath | 1,792 square feet | Condo
Enjoy the sea breeze at this poolside condo from its spacious covered balcony. The condo is located in Adagio, an 11-acre gated complex with gym, grills, Gulf-front pool and 600 feet of private beach. Paradise! The interior is just as gorgeous with granite countertops, stainless steel kitchen appliances and much more.
4. A Beach Home to Yourself
- Address: 110 Buddy Street, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Details: 4 bed | 3 bath | 1,818 square feet | Single Family Home
This delightful beach house is located in the quiet (and convenient!) neighborhood of Gulfview Heights, right on the south side of 30A. With covered parking, a fireplace, a wrap-around porch and a large fenced yard, this home has everything. Oh, and we can’t forget the private pool. The home is just a short walk away from the beach and dozens of dining options.
Want to Learn More?
If you’re interested in learning more about owning a beach property, having a local real estate agent on your side can save you money, time and a lot of headaches.