Read Time 2 Minutes
One of my favorite weekend activities is antiquing or thrifting. Spending hours rummaging through booths to find those hidden gems is so fun to me. Not only is shopping second hand sustainable, but you can also usually find a good bargain. Thankfully, Birmingham has tons of great antique spots and consignment shops—here are 5 to visit this weekend!
1. The Paisley Pig
Located in Historic Downtown Bessemer, The Paisley Pig is an antiquing gem. They sell all kinds of unique items from vintage to collectibles and offer booth rentals starting at $45 a month. Follow them on Instagram for updates on hours and sales!
- Address: 1904 2nd Ave N, Bessemer, AL
- Hours: Wed-Sat 10AM-5PM | Sun-Tues by appointment
- 205.900.2025 | Website | Instagram | Facebook
2. De’ja Ray Consignment Boutique
Established in 2018 by Nikki Huntley, the name De’ja Ray is special—it is a combination of Huntley’s daughter’s name (De’ja) and her grandfather (Ray). They have a broad selection of consigned clothing, colorful sets and more. You can shop their Juneteenth sale this weekend at their Irondale location or online here.
- Address: 5415 Beacon Dr, Irondale, AL
- Hours: Tues-Fri 10AM-6PM | Sat 10AM-5PM | Closed Sun + Mon
- 205.635.8131 | Website | Instagram | Facebook
3. Urban Suburban Antiques
Urban Suburban in the Crestwood Shopping Center is a must-visit spot for your next find. With 65 vendors and booths, you’ll want plenty of time to browse their selection. Make sure to bring your mask when you visit. Or if you see something you like on their Facebook page, you can call ahead for curbside pickup.
- Address: 5514 Crestwood Blvd, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10AM-5:30PM | Sun 1-5:30PM
- 205.592.0777 | Website | Instagram | Facebook
4. Zoe’s in Forest Park
Zoe’s in Forest Park has a little bit of everything: vintage and secondhand clothing for both men and women, jewelry, shoes, knick-knacks and more. They have some one-of-a-kind pieces and are situated right around some of our other favorite shops like Dreamer’s Supply Co. and Shoppe. Everything is on sale this weekend, but their hours are fluctuating so make sure you call ahead to confirm they are open.
- Address: 3900 Clairmont Ave, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Open Fri at 12PM | Sat-Sun 12-4PM
- 205.595.9049| Instagram
5. Second Hand Rose
Second Hand Rose, the longest-running consignment shop in Cahaba Heights, sells consigned clothing and designer brands at up to 80% off. And tomorrow, June 20, they’re even having a stuff the bag sale where you can sift through their bins and stuff your bag full of items and only pay $20.
- Address: 4200 Oakview Lane, Vestavia Hills, AL
- Hours: Mon-Sat 11-4PM | Closed Sun
- 205.970.7997| Website | Instagram | Facebook