May 15 is National Chocolate Chip Day? Say no more! It’s not like we needed an excuse to enjoy chocolate chip cookies, but this day makes it even easier to do so. Check out these local spots perfect for celebrating the holiday and those tiny bites of chocolaty goodness.
1. Cookie Dough Magic
2. The Joyful Food Co.
- Location: 759 Shades Mountain Plaza, Hoover, AL 35226
- Contact: (205) 538-7967 | Website
- The Joyful Food Co. is Alabama’s only 100% gluten-free and paleo-friendly to-go food store.
3. Full Moon BBQ
4. Cookie Fix
- Location: 2854 18th St S, Homewood, AL 35209
- Contact: (205) 582-2623 | Website
- You can find Cookie Fix’s frozen dough-to-go at Harvest Market.
- Location: 2821 Central Ave STE 105, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Contact: (205) 460-1069 | Website
- Bandit’s store is currently closed, but you can still order treats online.
6. Church Street Coffee and Books
Church Street’s “Breakup Cookie” deserves a blurb of its own. It’s made with chocolate chunks and a dash of sea salt. I’m not saying that it’s a be-all end-all cookie, but it’s pretty close! They also have vegan and gluten-free options.
7. Savage’s Bakery
8. Insomnia Cookies
10. Big Sky Bread Co.
11. Smoosh Cookies
12. Bendy’s Cookies & Cream
- Location: 3029 Pump House Rd Ste. 109, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
- Contact: Website
- Follow Bendy’s Instagram for their food truck location updates.
Once the sugar rush subsides and you’re ready for some local eats, check out our growing database featuring over 490 local restaurants, bars, and businesses offering deals, curbside delivery and more.
You can add your Birmingham business here for free.