Read Time 1 Minutes
Birmingham stays winning—it’s just a fact people. From the best hospitals to tastiest eats, people are taking notice, especially post-grads. Although COVID-19 grads will step into the workforce during an uncertain time, we want to make sure they know the best city to start or continue their future.
Here’s how we did (hint: pretty great)
Birmingham ranked 10 out of the 115 analyzed on the list for Best Cities for College Grads—not too shabby, eh? Much of the Bham Now team are recent college grads who chose to move here, so we can attest it’s true (although we would’ve placed Birmingham #1).
What did they like about us?
That ranking includes:
- The fifth-lowest median monthly rent in the study, at $619
- Yelp rating of 4.08 for restaurants
- Yelp rating of 3.96 for bars
Thinking about moving to Birmingham? We got you covered!
- 10 reasons every post-grad should move to Birmingham
- The newcomers’ guide to Birmingham: 28 tips for becoming a local
- My first impressions after one week in Birmingham
A little about smartasset
The award-winning technology company is headquartered in New York City. It uses financial modeling to give advice on major financial decisions—hence why they put out a list for best post-grad cities. This is SmartAsset’s sixth study on the best cities for new college grads.
How they examined the data
To find the best cities for new college graduates, smartasset examined data for the 115 largest U.S. cities across three categories that included 10 individual metrics:
- Fun—Bham Now definitely has you covered here.
Take a look at the full article on smartasset.com.