Read Time 6 Minutes
Planning a wedding in Birmingham? Here’s our guide to planning the big day featuring some of Birmingham’s best wedding vendors.
So, you just got engaged… What’s next?! 💍
First of all CONGRATS! This next phase of life is going to be a whirlwind, and you deserve to enjoy every second of it. If you’re already set on tying the knot in the Magic City, you’re in the right place!
From boutique dress shops and unique venues to some of Alabama’s most talented florists and award winning caterers, Birmingham is overflowing with wedding vendors ready to make your day perfect. Here’s where to start:
1. Choose a wedding ceremony + reception venue. 💒
Choosing a venue is a great starting place for your wedding planning process. And most venues get booked 8 months to a year in advance—so the sooner, the better. Good thing Birmingham has no shortage of amazing wedding venues. Here are a few of our favorites:
This historic beauty is one of Birmingham’s newest (and most stunning venues). Built in 1929, the Theodore is located in the heart of the historic Lakeview Industrial District. A flexible space that spans over 20,000 square feet and can accommodate everything from intimate gatherings to gala events.
- Address: 3211 2nd Avenue South | Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday | 9AM-5PM
- Contact: To schedule a tour contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (205) 352-9913 or visit their website for more info.
Voted 2019 Best of Birmingham’s “Best Event Venue,” Iron City knows how to host a wedding. Not only do they provide a gorgeous space for ceremonies and receptions, but they also offer catering, multilevel stages (with a spacious dance floor, of course) and premium audio and visual amenities.
- Address: 513 22nd Street South | Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday | 10AM-6PM
- Contact: Call (205) 202-5483, or email them at email@example.com.
More Birmingham Venues to Checkout:
2. Find a chic dress or snazzy suit. 👰🤵
Birmingham has a great selection of boutique dress shops. Most of them are locally owned and operated which is always a plus, but that also means they’re smaller so make sure to make an appointment as soon as possible! Here are a few of our favorites:
Located in Mountain Brook’s Crestline Village, Ivory & White is Birmingham’s premier wedding dress store. For over ten years, they have been offering the best in service and selection for every bride. Find them on Instagram @ivoryandwhiteboutique for alllll the dress inspo. *heart eyes)
- Address: 55 Church Street | Birmingham, AL 35213
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday | 10AM-6PM by appointment only
- Contact: Book an appointment online here, give them a call (205) 871-2888 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More local shops to visit in Birmingham:
- Refined Bridal Boutique
- Heidi Elnora Atelier
- And if you’re in the market for a snazzy suit, check out Mr. Burch Formal Wear at one of their four Birmingham locations.
3. Sign up for a local gift registry. 🛍️
Signing up for a gift registry early is important. That way if anyone throws you a shower or party, your guests can bring you gifts you actually want/need. And there’s nothing better than shopping local. Here are a few spots to register for your wedding in Birmingham:
Table Matters is a wedding registry and home decor haven located in the heart of Mountain Brook Village. They mix old and new, selling products that have an antique feel while still being modern. Bonus: they also offer Bridal Registry with free delivery within the Birmingham area.
- Address: 2402 Montevallo Road | Birmingham, AL 35223
- Hours: Monday-Friday | 9:30AM-5:30PM + Saturday | 9:30AM-5PM
- Contact: Call (205) 879-0125, or email them at email@example.com.
More local businesses to visit for gifts and decor:
4. Choose a caterer + bakery. 🍰
Food is a huge part of wedding planning. And it’s best if you decide on catering early on. You won’t have trouble finding caterers in Birmingham, but you might have trouble choosing one because they are all top notch. Here are just a few of our favorite local catering companies and cake-makers:
Iz Catering has been located in Vestavia Hills since 1999, and business is still booming for Mrs. Kay and her staff at Iz. Their approach to catering is personal—they want to alleviate as much stress from you as possible and help you plan an event that is uniquely you. Their menu is extensive. It ranges from ramen and poke to BBQ shrimp skewers and loaded potato bites. YUM.
- Address: 325 Rocky Ridge Plz STE 100 | Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
- Hours: Stop by Iz Cafe Monday-Friday from 7AM-8PM or on Saturday from 8AM-6PM to get a head start on your tasting!
- Contact: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at (205) 979-7522.
More Birmingham caterers to look into:
And make sure to schedule a cake tasting at a Birmingham bakery. A few favorites are:
5. Pick a florist for the big day. 💐
Can you imagine a wedding without flowers? I seriously can’t. They make the atmosphere so romantic and dreamy, and these Birmingham florists are especially talented when it comes to designing the perfect floral backdrops for your big day:
I mean, just look at that arch. It’s breathtaking—and you can thank HotHouse Design Studio for that. Located near Homewood, this amazing team of creatives seems to turn any blank canvas into a work of art. Don’t believe me? Just scroll through their Instagram.
- Address: 89 Robert Jemison Road | Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday | 9AM-5PM
- Contact: Call (205) 324-2663 or email them through their site.
More florists to visit around Birmingham:
6. See what local gyms and studios offer wedding discounts! 💪
Wedding planning can be stressful—but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you enjoy working out, want to get in shape or just need to de-stress a bit, there are some great local fitness studios and gyms in Birmingham to check out. BONUS: some even have discounts if you’re getting married!
Ignite Cycle is Birmingham’s only boutique cycling studio—and one of our favorite workouts if you couldn’t tell. Riders achieve mind and body-changing results with every ride, so it’s the perfect way to stay stress free and healthy during the wedding planning process.
With their “Ride to the Altar” package, you can purchase 3 months of unlimited rides for $595 or 6 months of unlimited rides $995. What a deal!
- Address: 224 29th Street South | Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Monday–Thursday | 5AM-8PM + Friday | 5AM-1:15PM + Saturday | 7AM-12PM
- Contact: Give them a call at (205) 639-6908, email them at email@example.com or visit their site for more info.
Other fitness studios in Birmingham to look into:
7. Decide on a hotel option for out-of-towners to book for the night. 🏨
This is a great thing to include for your guests on your wedding website, and it’s super important to reserve rooms for family traveling into town. Birmingham has some of the most amazing stays that your guests are bound to love. Start with these:
Located in the heart of downtown, The Redmont Hotel is the perfect place to direct your guests for any wedding weekend stays. It’s the the oldest hotel in Birmingham, and full of character around every corner.
Did we mention the amazing views from The Roof, their rooftop bar? Plus, you’re in walking distance of the entertainment district so your guests will have plenty of restaurant and bar options before and after the wedding!
- Address: 2101 Fifth Avenue North | Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: They’re always open.
- Contact: Contact them on their site or by phone at (205) 957-6828.