Read Time 1 Minutes
Things are always a little darker and a little less healthy in Birmingham without the presence of the Pepper Place farmers’ market. Lucky for us, the indoor market is opening this Saturday, January 18 from 7AM to 12PM.
You’ll find plenty of delicious food to snack on while you shop for more food.
No need to stop for lunch after you visit the market, unless you have something against fresh pastries and warm soup. Seven local vendors are available to satisfy your appetite and your sweet tooth.
- Lillie’s Cup: teas including green, vanilla chai, and hibiscus
- Angie and A Ginger: brown sugar walnuts
- Spoon and Ladle Soup Co.: specialty foods like Jalapeno Pimento Cheese and various soups
- Sorelle: local caterer with some bomb cheesecake
- Market 46 Bakery: specialty granola with flavors such as s’mores and lemon blueberry
- Bean Creek Coffee: gourmet coffees
- Hinkel’s Bakery: European-inspired baked goods
Expect to find farmers with fresh and in-season fruits and veggies.
Between the nine farms, there’s a good chance you’ll leave with a tote bag full of all your fresh favorites.
- BDA Farm: herbs and vegetables
- Ireland Farm: fresh vegetables
- Owls Hollow Farm: fresh veggies
- Snow’s Bend Farm: seasonal produce
- Hamm Farms: seasonal produce
- Dayspring Dairy: sheep cheeses
- Marble Creek Farmstead: specializes in pasture-raised meats and eggs
- Iron City Organics: Microgreens
- Henke Farms: fresh produce
And of course, you’ll see talented local makers.
The smaller market means fewer makers, but not to worry because you can still catch your favorites as the season progresses. This Saturday be on the lookout for Infinite Soaps.