Oktoberfest has been celebrated all over the world for more than 200 years. Originating in Germany and held every year in Munich, it’s the largest festival in the world. Find out how to celebrate Oktoberfest right here in Birmingham, AL!
Calling all Bier Lovers
Oktoberfest is primarily a beer festival, but there are a ton of other elements now associated with the celebration. Traditional German food and dress can be found at festivals—and of course, plenty of beer.
Time to break out the lederhosen—here are 5 ways to celebrate right here in the Magic City!
1. Birmingham’s Biggest German-themed Party
- Birmingham Oktoberfest
- Saturday, October 5
- 12 PM-7 PM
- Railroad Park
- General Admission Ticket – $21
- Bier Lover Ticket – $48
- Live German polka music + live local acts
- German food including beer, brats, & bavarian pretzels
- Competitions including a stein-hoisting contest, brat toss, and keg roll racing
2. Oktoberfest at Brat Bröt
- Brat Bröt Oktoberfest
- Tuesday, October 1-Saturday, October 5
- Brat Bröt
- 2910 6th Ave S, Birmingham, Alabama 35233
- FREE event (21+)
- Five-day German-style festival
- German food including beer, brats, and pretzels
- Entertainment including games, contests, prizes and more!
3. Support a Cause at Barktoberfest
- Barktoberfest 2019
- Thursday, October 10
- 6 PM-10 PM
- Cahaba Brewing Company
- 4500 5th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Benefitting Hand in Paw
- Tickets – $20
- Local beer
- Doggie costume contest (yes, you read that right)
- Doggie caricature artists will be there to draw pics of your pups!
4. Tour de Brewers
- Tour de Brewers – Oktoberfest
- Saturday, October 5
- 11 AM-3 PM
- Starts at Tin Roof
- 2709 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Tickets – $40
- Informal charity run/ride/brewery crawl supporting The Dannon Project
- “Fun” of a fun run with the real fun of tasting great Birmingham local brews
5. Track Down a Local Oktoberfest Brew
Keep an eye out to our beloved Birmingham breweries to track down elusive Oktoberfest releases.
Need a place to start? We tried the limited release Oktoberfest brew at Good People Brewing Co, and we weren’t disappointed.
Go find your favorite and let us know where it is!