Regions Tradition will once again become the football capital of the South Wednesday, May 8. Many of the south’s legendary coaches and players are set take to the Greystone Golf and Country Club course for the Regions Tradition Pro-Am Day. We’ve got all the details on who to expect on the course. Also, where to score autographs around the grounds.
The Regions Tradition Celebrity Pro-Am
There will be plenty of SEC team spirit during the the Regions Tradition Celebrity Pro-Am. Registered amateur golfers will pair off with their celebrity counterparts to play a round on the legendary course to benefit Children’s Hospital. First round will tee-off at 6:30 AM Wednesday, May 8.
Celebrities On-Hand Will Include:
- Nick Saban– University of Alabama football coach
- Gus Malzahn-Auburn University football coach
- Kirby Smart– University of Georgia football coach
- Matt Luke– University of Mississippi coach
- Condoleezza Rice– U.S. Secretary of State
- Bo Jackson– NFL and Major League Baseball star
- John Bell– Lead singer, Widespread Panic
- Greg McElroy– SEC Network Personality
- Gary Sheffield– Former Major League Baseball Outfielder
- Taylor Hicks– Singer and American Idol Winner
- Jay Barker– Former University of Alabama Quarterback
- John Parker Wilson– Former University of Alabama Quarterback
- Stan White– Former Auburn University Quarterback
- Brandon Cox– Former Auburn University Quarterback
- Bill “Bubba” Bussey– Co-Host – Rick & Bubba Show
- Tommy Tuberville– Former Head Football Coach at Auburn University
- Coach Connell Maynor– Head Football Coach at Alabama A&M University
- Coach Donald Hill-Eley– Head Football Coach at Alabama State University
- Paul Finebaum– SEC Network personality
- Laura Rutledge– SEC Network personality
- Nate Oats– Head Basketball Coach at University of Alabama
- Bill Clark– Head Football Coach at The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Robert Ehsan– Head Basketball Coach at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
Magic City Showdown
This is a new Classic Tradition! The head coaches from the historic Magic City Classic football game—Alabama A&M’s Connell Maynor and Alabama State’s Donald Hill-Eley—will compete head-to-head in match play. The winner will walk away with bragging rights for an entire year!
Iron Bowl Challenge
Rivalries continue at Regions Tradition in the Iron Bowl Challenge. Cheer for former University of Alabama players Jay Barker and John Parker Wilson. Or, let your War Eagle fly as they compete against former Auburn stars, Stan White and Brandon Cox.
Alabama’s Big Al, Auburn’s Aubie, Georgia’s Hairy Dawg, UAB’s Blaze, Alabama A&M’s Butch the Bulldog will attend the 2019 event. The Alabama State’s Stingers will also wow the crowd at the Coca-Cola Spectator Village starting at 9 AM.
MAGNA KAMTEK $10,000 Celebrity Putt
Taking place on the morning of the celebrity Pro-Amis the MAGNA-KAMTEK $10,000 Celebrity Putt. Magna Kamtek continues Regions Tradition’s rich history of giving back. Since its inception in 1992, the PGA TOUR Champions tournament has raised over $17 million for charity; Children’s of Alabama is the primary beneficiary!
Autographs During Regions Tradition Celebrity Pro-Am Day
Feel free to ask for autographs, just not during play. The best place for autographs is the Magna Kamtek Autograph Alley located just behind Coca-Cola Spectator Village. The driving range and putting green are also great spots to get an autograph.
Camera Policy For the Regions Tradition Celebrity Pro-Am Day
You can use your smartphone camera with no flash any time throughout Regions Tradition. Only accredited press with proper media credentials can shoot with professional cameras during play.
Gates open at 7 AM Wednesday – see you there! For tickets visit the Regions Tradition website. If you can’t make it Wednesday, head to Bham Now’s Party on the Green Friday afternoon. Find out how to win free tickets.