Remember your New Year’s fitness resolutions? Me either. Frankly, I’ve exhausted every excuse of why I “can’t” workout. My favorites are “it’s too cold outside” and “I can’t afford to join a gym right now.” But, I’ve completely run out of ways to avoid getting in shape.
The forecast for the month of March—not including this week,
Sweat Free Fitness Series at The Summit
- What: Free fitness classes
- When: Every Monday at 6 PM during the month of March
- Where: The Summit in the vacant space (former Flip Burger) near Chuy’s, 214 Summit Blvd #150, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Details: Classes are one hour and include Belly Dancing on March 4, Yoga on March 11, Hula Hooping (Which is full, but you can join the waitlist) on March 18, and POUND on March 25. Classes are led by a local instructor!
- What: Free weekly yoga class
- When: Every Tuesday night at 5:45 PM
- Where: The Gallery (across from Ono Poke) in The Pizitz, 120 19th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Details: BYOM (Bring your own mat!) and your own water bottle! Attendees get free two-hour parking in The Pizitz parking garage.
- What: Free fitness classes almost every day at 6 PM
- When: Starting March 11 with no end date
- Where: Railroad Park, 1600 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Details: They will be offering Hip Hop Cardio, Bootcamp, Zumba and Yoga. You have to sign in before class, so get there at least 15 minutes early. Class instructors vary, and class cancellations will be determined by 4 PM (classes will be canceled in the event of inclement weather).
- What: Free Intro to Yoga classes
- When: Every Monday at 6:30-8 PM
- Where: Birmingham Public Library-Central, 2100 Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Details: Beginners and all body types welcome! Bring your own mat, wear comfy clothes for stretching, and if you have them, bring a yoga belt and blocks!
- What: Weekly yoga class — *The class is not free (it costs $10), BUT you do get a free beer!
- When: Every Saturday morning at 11AM-12PM
- Where: Good People 114 14th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Details: The class is lead by Ally Edwards, Personal Trainer at EW Motion Therapy. BYOM (Bring your own mat!)
Most fitness studios around town allow a free trial or free first workout. Take advantage of those offers whenever you can!
- F45 Birmingham Central—a studio that uses a mix of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Circuit Training, and Functional Training for intense workouts—offers a one-week free trial.
- CORE Birmingham—a studio in Vestavia that focuses on core-building exercises like yoga, Pilates, cycling and barre—offers a free class