Read Time 1 Minutes
Get your calendars out, Martha Stewart fans. She will appear at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens on Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, for this year’s Red Diamond Lecture Series. The series is part of the 13th annual Antiques at The Gardens, Oct. 4-7, 2018.
Martha Stewart, Be Still My DIY Heart
Before Pinterest and “Pinterest Fails,” there was Stewart and her impeccable instructions for those who dared. I was in high school the year our family Christmas became “Martha-fied” in the mid-1990s. My sister and I stayed up until 2 a.m. brushing oranges, apples and grapes with egg white before coating them with sugar.
What were we doing? Creating a Martha Stewart sugared fruit centerpiece that sparkled as if kissed by the frosty lips of Christmas Spirit, of course. It was 80 degrees outside in Georgia.
It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything of the sort, but my admiration for Stewart and her impeccable taste remains. I can’t wait to see her at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for Antiques at The Gardens this October.
Stewart and Kevin Sharkey, co-authors of “Martha’s Flowers: A Practical Guide to Growing, Gathering, and Enjoying,” will interview each other for the Red Diamond Lecture Series on Oct. 5. Here are the details you need to know.
Red Diamond Lecture Series, Part 1
- Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Martha Stewart interviews co-author Kevin Sharkey.
- $250 premium seating includes book, boxed lunch and 3-day show admission.
- $150 general admission includes book, boxed lunch and show admission.
Red Diamond Lecture Series, Part 2
- Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Kevin Sharkey interviews co-author Martha Stewart.
- $250 premium seating includes book, champagne and 3-day show admission.
- $150 general admission includes book, champagne and show admission.
The lecture series is sponsored by Red Diamond Inc., Alabama Power and Balch & Bingham LLP.