The next 15 bands have been announced in the 2018 Secret Stages lineup. Are you ready?
- Captain Kudzu (Birmingham, AL)
- CHEW (Atlanta, GA)
- A Drug Called Tradition (Atlanta, GA)
- Ex-Gold (Knoxville, TN)
- In Snow (Birmingham, AL)
- The Lees of Memory (Nashville, TN)
- Mattiel (Atlanta, GA)
- Me and My Knife (Birmingham, AL)
- The Minks (Nashville, TN)
- Opin (Richmond, VA)
- Pearl Charles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Seriously (Birmingham, AL)
- Seth Graham (Dayton, OH)
- Tanya Montana Coe (Nashville, TN)
- Telefones (Nashville, TN)
As you read, four Birmingham bands will be performing at Secret Stages – Captain Kudzu, Me and My Knife and Seriously. Here’s a bit about each:
Seriously is another local Birmingham band that will be hitting the stage at Secret Stages. This up-and-coming post-punk band delivers elements of synthpop and new wave, along with dark tunes that will not only make you want to dance, but also make you feel.
Take a listen. They’re “seriously” good, right?
Me and My Knife
This garage rock band is good at two things: making noise and making you want to dance like no one’s watching. Oh, and they’re pretty good on electric and the sticks, too. Listen here.
From ambient pop to garage rock, you can’t put this band into just one box. Being unique is always good, my friends. Check ’em out.
In Snow’s a four-piece instrumental band from Birmingham, and they have a pretty good following. You may have heard of their most recent release, Four Lines, which came out in March 2017.
Whether you dig instrumentals or not, this band is worth a listen. Give ’em a try.
If you missed the Part 1 lineup reveal, scroll down to the previous article to find out!
There’s just six more weeks until the Secret Stages music discovery festival hits Birmingham on August 3-4. And the excitement of music fans is building as 17 bands from the official music lineup are finally revealed.
Secret Stages is one of Birmingham’s most unique annual music events, featuring over 60 up-and-coming, under-the-radar bands drawn from the nation, the region and even our very own city.
This year, the festival will be held in Avondale, which is a prime spot for those seeking a good time. (Click here for more on the change in location and an interview with Secret Stages co-founder, Travis Morgan.)
Secret Stages venues will be strategically placed around the entertainment district, so you will be within easy walking distance to all of the performing bands. Plus, Avondale’s many great restaurants, pubs and more.
So far, the first 17 bands performing at the festival have been revealed. Who are they?
- Amanda Glasser (Baltimore, MD)
- Andrew Bryant (Oxford, MS)
- BENNI (New Orleans, LA)
- Caroline Says (Austin, TX)
- City Electric (Fairhope, AL)
- Courtney Marie Andrews (Phoenix, AZ)
- Dogwood Lung (Auburn, AL)
- Erin Rae (Nashville, TN)
- Flamingo Shadow (Atlanta, GA)
- The Invisible Teardrops (Florence, AL)
- Kadesh Flow (Kansas City, MO)
- Pamela_ and her sons (Philadelphia, PA)
- Reality Something (Nashville, TN)
- Ruby Boots (Nashville, TN)
There are several local Birmingham bands who are also on the list, including:
Are you ready to buy your tickets to Secret Stages? Click here!
Here’s a rundown of ticket prices:
- Rumor Tier – VIP Pass: $80 (Grants access to all Secret Stages venues and events, plus the VIP Lounge.)
- Rumor Tier – Weekend Pass: $40 (Grants access to all Secret Stages venues on both days of the festival.)
- Rumor Tier – Friday Day Pass: $25 (Grants access to all Secret Stages venues on Friday.)
- Rumor Tier – Saturday Day Pass: $25 (Grants access to all Secret Stages venues on Saturday.)
What do you think of the Secret Stages lineup so far? We want to hear your thoughts!