After seven years of music discovery in downtown Birmingham, the Secret Stages festival is being moved to Avondale. The festival will take place on August 3 and 4.
If you aren’t familiar with the Secret Stages Music Discovery Festival, check it out here.
The decision to move the festival from downtown to Avondale is said to be due to access to the areas businesses and which businesses wanted to participate.
With Avondale being such a popular entertainment district with great venues, there’s a good chance the move in location will be a real success.
While exact venues has not yet been announced, it has been leaked that Avondale Brewery (inside and out) will serve as one of the venues, along with Saturn, 41st St. Pub and The Hangar.
Who will seduce your senses with their music this year?
Well, unfortunately, we don’t know the answer to that just yet, because the 2018 lineup has not yet been announced. (Here’s a glance at the 2017 lineup.) But on a positive note, “Secret” tickets are currently on sale! So if you already know you plan to attend the festival, go ahead and buy, because once the allotment of Secret tickets runs out, prices will spike!
Here’s a look at the ticket breakdown:
- Secret Tier – Weekend Pass, $30; VIP Pass, $65
- Rumor Tier – Day Pass, $25; Weekend Pass, $40; VIP Pass, $80
- Whistleblower Tier – Day Pass, $30; Weekend Pass, $50; VIP Pass, $100
Here’s what you’ll get with each pass:
- Day Pass: Access to all Secret Stages’s venues on a single day of the festival.
- VIP Pass: Access to all Secret Stages’s venues and events, plus the VIP Lounge. The VIP Lounge will provide complimentary beer, spirits and catering, plus DJ sets throughout each night of the festival.
- Weekend Pass: Access to all Secret Stages’s venues on both days of the festival.
To purchase tickets, click here.
Why should you check out Secret Stages? Secret Stages co-founder, Travis Morgan, sums it up quite perfectly:
“Secret Stages is a low risk opportunity for attendees to catch their next favorite band. I’ve seen it happen so many times that a couple or person decided to take a gamble on Secret Stages and they are mind blown. They say things like ‘I never knew I liked hip hop or country or electronic music.’ They oftentimes have never seen certain styles of music live or even had an understanding of certain styles of music. Almost everyone I talk to have new favorite bands by the end of the festival. Bands they will continue follow as they advance their careers.”
Be sure to check back in with Bham Now for all the must-know updates on Secret Stages 2018 as they roll in!
Who do you think will hit the stage?