Read Time 1 Minutes
They are the most daunting tasks imaginable.
Caring for a loved one who has fallen ill. Supporting your child injured in an accident. Guiding your aging parents through the complex maze of doctors and administrators. Loving your spouse diagnosed with cancer who just needs your complete and undivided attention to hold her hand.
You need a patient advocate.
Krista Hughes of Hughes Advocacy has a passion for helping people in need. She has worked in the medical industry for over 16 years. Being a patient advocate became personal when she had to care for her father.
“I personally have experienced the emotional pain of a loved one having to overcome a difficult and overwhelming medical situation,” stated Hughes.
Krista is the first and only clinical private patient advocate in the State of Alabama that is a member of the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates (APHA) and The National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants (NAHAC).
Her company, Hughes Advocacy, assist patients who have just received a new diagnosis, have been misdiagnosed, have a complicated medical history, or assisting adult children with their aging parents. They help their clients get the best medical care that is right for them. This could be things like kidney stone disease, hemorrhoids, Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, lymphedema, brain aneurysm, Alzheimer’s, cancer, esophageal achalasia, AFIB, stroke, chronic back pain, etc.
Some of the services they offer include:
* Finding the right specialist for a client’s particular disease
* Assisting families with making informed medical decisions
* Exploring all different treatment options
* Medication management
* Accompanying client’s to their doctors’ appointments or preparing them for any upcoming appointment
* Working as a liaison between clients and their medical team. This team could be in the ER, in the hospital, for an upcoming procedure, or someone who has multiple doctors. Krista will assist in the Coordination of Care with a Medical Team
Krista’s goal as an advocate is to be your voice and to represent your interest in any medical situation.
Don’t be overwhelmed. Hughes Advocacy will guide you and support you.
To learn more about Hughes Advocacy visit www.hughesadvocacy.com .