Read Time 1 Minutes
What’s a better way to spend an autumn afternoon than sipping cool brews, enjoying gorgeous views and listening to great music with Birmingham’s original iron man? Vulcan Aftertunes concert series is once again celebrating autumn on the summit of Red Mountain.
Join your neighbors, grab a lawn chair, or blanket and come enjoy the New Breed Brass Band, a high-energy New Orleans brass band on October 15. New Breed, joined by local favorites, Heath Green & the Makeshifters, will make for the perfect laid back Sunday afternoon! Many thanks to Regions, Vulcan Aftertunes sponsor.
You can refresh with several great varieties of craft brews from Yellowhammer, Avondale Brewing Co., Cigar City and Founders.
By months end (October 29) come enjoy an autumn Sunday listening to Aaron Lee Tasjan, an artist quickly making a name for himself with amazing songwriting and live performances. Joining Aaron, is local sensation, folk rock artist Early James. Good People Brewing Co. will be pouring their local brew, along with Cigar City and Founders.
Here’s the scoop on tickets, times and guidelines:
- General admission: $18 in advance; $20 at the gate
- Member admission: $10 in advance; $12 at the gate
- Children $8; Ages 4 and under are free
- Gates open at 1:00 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 2:30 p.m.; Headline acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Ticket price includes admission to the concert, the Vulcan Center Museum, and Vulcan’s observation tower
- Seating is first-come, first served, so get here early!
- No Pets, or outside alcohol
Come enjoy the stunning views, great music, and ice-cold craft beers, at the foot of largest cast iron statue in the world. What better way to welcome autumn in, rediscover this 10-acre city park, and hear some great tunes. Will we see your smiling face there?