This year’s chili cook-off rocked the socks off of those who attended. With over 100 different teams and more chili than you can imagine, it’s no surprise that over 12,000 people showed up for this fun tasting event. Thanks to the community support, The Exceptional Foundation was able to raise even more money than previous years.
The Exceptional Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides social and recreational activities for individuals with special needs, that includes field trips and sports teams. The Chili Cook-Off is their largest fundraiser each year. If you got the chance to stop by you definitely saw why.
The event was a family-friendly, fun Saturday activity for everyone. Pets were definitely welcome and there were strollers galore. You would’ve even seen a few goats raising awareness for therapy animals. Not only did you get to be a part of some friendly competition between booths but you got to enjoy some live music and yummy chili.
Of course, The Exceptional Foundation not only had the chili eaters behind them but various sponsors from the community to help put on this great event. From accounting firms to breweries and even real estate companies, there was a wide array of community businesses that turned chili experts for this past weekend.
Some of the many sponsors included Gusty Gulas for Brik Realty, Books a Million, Shipt, and Alabama Power.
This year’s winners were as follows:
- GRAND PRIZE – Bradley…Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- 2ND RUNNER UP – Rumberger Kirk and Caldwell…Cookin’ Counselors
- 1ST RUNNER UP – M&B Hangers…M&B’s Mighty Meat Sweats
- SPIRIT AWARD 1ST PLACE – AmWims Brokerage of Alabama…Chillin With My Gnomies
- SPIRIT AWARD 2nd PLACE – IBERIA BANK
- SPIRIT AWARD 3rd PLACE – DirectPath
- PARTICIPANT CHOICE AWARD – First Commercial Bank
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD – CBRE
- SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD – Heninger Garrison Davis…Courtroom Cooks
Thanks to not only their wonderful sponsors but the great turnout from the community, The Exceptional Foundation raised an estimated $350,000 (and they are still counting). You can go to their website to find out their final tally in the future.
If you missed out this year, don’t worry, next year will definitely be better than ever.