Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Interested in looking outside of public accounting? Ready to move your career into an exciting and challenging in-house role? If so, EBSCO Industries may be the place for you. EBSCO is a privately held, diversified corporation in the top 200 privately held US companies. We are currently seeking an experienced Tax Director to join our Corporate Accounting & Tax team that is dynamic and driven with a growth mindset. This position will be responsible for US Income Tax under a co-sourced model partnering with a Big Four accounting firm. The Tax Director reports to the Vice President of Accounting & Tax and will be based at EBSCO’s International Headquarters campus in Birmingham, Alabama.
The selected candidate in this position will be responsible for various aspects of Tax, which include US Income Tax and compliance, coordination with International Accounting firms, coordination of Transfer Pricing documentation with a third-party firm, handling of US Federal and State audits and inquiries, property tax, sales tax, and unclaimed property, along with management of the tax team. This position requires interaction with business units and accounting teams. The environment will be fast paced and team oriented.
- Ensuring integrity in US Income Tax and schedules flowing into a co-sourced model with a third- party accounting firm
- Analysis, auditing and review of US Income Tax Returns, Transfer Pricing reporting, and international tax returns prepared by third party firms
- Direct, review, and assist with the income tax provision preparation and process in alignment with ASC740
- Ensuring GAAP compliance for Income Tax Disclosures schedules, and preparation of the income tax provision.
- Assisting with special projects and analysis
- Management of the tax team with identified targets, coordination, and hands-on involvement
- Coordination of Transfer Pricing documentation, schedules, and strategy with a third-party firm
- Tax Audit Management
- BS in Accounting (Masters preferred)
- 10-12 years US Income Tax experience
- Tax Planning experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with business acumen
- Ability to perform at a strategic level as well as perform detailed root cause analysis
- Ability to multi-task, set team priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset that thrives in a dynamic atmosphere
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Manager, Outside Sales, Compliance, Real Estate, Management, Sales, Legal