Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of EBSCO eBooks content storage, retrieval and viewer products. Your work will contribute to the growth of EBSCO by helping in selling eBooks through its viewer and related services used by our customers.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Collaborate with your team gain knowledge on the domains and be self-sufficient in addressing any defects
- Author, review, and help in implementation of test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
- Be the technical leader for features and defects, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing, and deployment phases to ensure delivery expectations (both time and quality) are met.
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- Deliver software that is enabled for CI/CD
- 2-5 years’ experience with object-oriented design/development principles
- 2-5 years of professional development experience using C#.
- 2-5 years of professional web development experience using .NET Application Servers
- 2-5 years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, MVC, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SOA, SSL, API design
- 1+ year(s) experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Unit Testing with JUnit, NUnit, etc.
- Some experience with AWS, concepts, deployment, etc
- Some experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
- Familiarity with Microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques.
What we want you to bring to our culture:
Drive – Positive Attitude – Good Judgement – Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact – Eagerness to Understand – Accountability – Decisiveness – You’re a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.