Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Interested in looking outside of public accounting? Ready to move your career into an exciting and challenging in-house role? If so, EBSCO Industries may be the place for you. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant that is dynamic and driven with a growth mindset. This Accountant will be responsible for corporate accounting functions, assisting with preparation of annual budgets, assisting with month-end reporting, and auditing and analysis of EBSCO’s diverse array of businesses. The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and will be based at EBSCO’s International Headquarters campus in Birmingham.
The selected candidate in this position will be responsible for various aspects of accounting at EBSCO’s International Headquarters and will interact closely with business units and accounting teams. This Senior Accountant will be responsible for corporate accounting functions, assisting with preparation of annual budgets, and assisting with month-end reporting, auditing and analysis. In addition, this position will provide SAP ERP system support and configuration for accounting and reporting. The environment will be fast-paced and team-oriented.
- Analysis, auditing and review of Business Unit financial statements
- Assisting Business Units during the accounting close and budgeting process
- Maintaining and reviewing internal controls, ensuring accurate presentation of financial statements, and safeguarding company assets
- Collaboration with international offices on accounting and statutory requirements
- SAP ERP system support and configuration for accounting and reporting
- Assisting with special projects and analysis as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting, Masters in Accounting preferred
- 3+ years professional accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- 3+ years of proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- CMA, CPA, MAC, SAP ERP experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel proficiency
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with business acumen
- Ability to perform multiple aspects of accounting, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Provide recommendations for improvements in all aspects of accounting
- Ability to perform both high level and detailed root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with a strong comprehension of account relationships and reconciliations
- Experience working with ERP Systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Real Estate, Technology, Sales