Read Time 2 Minutes
Website Bham Now
Fall Semester, 2021
Seniors and Graduate Students
Bham Now is Birmingham’s modern, mobile media and we’re on a mission to create a smarter, happier, healthier, inspired, involved and prosperous Birmingham.
Are you a people person who loves communicating, solving problems, organizing and are motivated by accomplishment and exceeding goals?
If so, here’s what you need to be the right fit for us:
- Excellent Communication Skills – You can write professional email messages using good grammar and make a confident phone call to anyone whether you know them or not. You can even strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.
- Taken courses in sales – You’ve shown your interest by taking college courses in pro sales and actually liked it.
- You are goal oriented– Whether it’s acing a test, winning the race or in this case, closing the sale. You celebrate your teammates wins too!
- Marketing is your middle name– You understand that marketing is about knowing your client’s brand and getting the right message in front of the right audience. And lots of data to prove it.
- Research– You are resourceful and know how to find the right contact using Google, LinkedIn, your network and carrier pigeons when needed. You know the value of doing your homework on a prospect before a meeting.
- You’re convincing – You know how to point out the best in a situation or a product and make people feel like it was their idea. You’ll quickly learn how to communicate the benefits of Bham Now in a way that will resonate with your prospects.
- You WANT to Close the Sale– You are the definition of tenacity. Did I mention following up on time? You know when and why to follow up to encourage the sale to close.
- Social Media and Digital Marketing – You’re an avid user of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others. You have a basic understanding of digital marketing and strong curiosity to learn more. You don’t know why anyone would use anything else.
- Organization is the key – You live by your calendar and your to-do list. You’re on time and ready to go for each class, meeting and appointment.
- Being on a team is what you were made to do – A team player is what we are looking for. Come with innovative ideas that will benefit Bham Now as a whole.
- Computer skills– You know the basics of using a computer for the Internet and MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- You’re a HUGE fan of Birmingham and Alabama – Because that is why we are here! We want to make our community and state a better one for everyone.
Hours: 15 – 20 per week. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must have your own transportation, computer and cell phone. Remote work approved as appropriate.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter telling us why you’re the person for this gig. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Bham Now
B’ham Now is a fast growing media and marketing company headquartered in Birmingham, AL. Our mission is to help create a smarter, healthier, more prosperous region for everyone. We publish fun, useful digital content serving our large, growing audience including over 45% of the Greater Birmingham population. Clients of B’ham Now include local businesses and non-profits. B’ham Now serves over 200K social followers with the strongest content engagement in Birmingham. We create multimedia content to tell stories of local people, businesses, makers, trends and what’s happening. B’ham Now focuses on the positive energy of our region. We don’t cover crime or politics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com