Website The Fennec
The Fennec brings an entirely new concept to Birmingham. The four unique spaces, The Fennec, The Social, The Cypress, and The Foxhole Lounge, provide a variety of options to feature events enhanced by entertainment from new artists, while coupled with a locally progressive menu. The Fennec’s menu has been created by award winning chefs, and our contemporary cocktail bar offers impeccably tailored cocktails by the most talented staff. The Fennec and its leaders strive to make excellence effortlessly routine.
The Restaurant Manager will support the Fennec’s Senior Leadership team in upholding all brand standards and core values while achieving The Fennec’s business objectives. While strong leadership, motivational, and people skills are essential, acute financial skills are necessary in running the daily operations to maintain our high productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
The Restaurant Operations Manager will bring a demonstrated history of working in the hospitality industry, in a high volume, fine and relaxed dining environment. Skilled in Team Management, Revenue & Profit Growth, and Food Cost Analysis, this role will be pivotal in the establishment of The Fennec brand. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall restaurant operations of The Fennec.
Front of the house responsibilities would be to oversee the dining room, ensure excellent customer service and balance seating capacity. Front of the house management experience would include but not be limited to, setting work schedules, ensuring distribution of menu items in a timely, gracious manner, and insuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Leading by example is a mission of our Senior Management team and positively motivating our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment is critical. The ultimate goal is to ensure that our customers have pleasant dining experience and that our restaurant continuously runs smoothly.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Manage restaurant’s image and suggest ways to improve it
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, OpenTable and Toast.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Manage and research new vendors
- Manage, organize and supervise shifts
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Estimate future needs for goods, dining utensils, supplies and cleaning products
Management and Leadership Responsibilities
- Evaluate and create reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses. Proven customer service experience as a manager.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut excess and unnecessary expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
BS degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
Knowledge of Excel, word and Power point is needed on a daily basis