Website United Way of Central Alabama
Responsible for supporting the Director of Individual Giving with leadership fund-raising and stewardship through affinity groups. Primarily responsible for assigned affinity groups and prospects.
- Manage assigned UWCA Affinity Groups (including record keeping, volunteer management, event planning)
- Responsible for the continued growth and engagement of the J. Mason Davis Leadership Society. United Way of Central Alabama’s newest affinity group for change makers in the African American community who give at the leadership level.
- Organize and develops an appropriate affinity group structure utilizing volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Create intentional meetings with unqualified and/or qualified prospects to build and maintain a portfolio of high capacity/net worth prospects.
- Prospect for both new and existing donors who can increase their current level of giving.
- Regularly collaborate with other departments to achieve coordination of activities.
- Prepare required fundraising reports and share strategies with other United Ways.
- Supervise the implementation of assigned UWCA Affinity Group stewardship plans and review all applicable donor communications.
- Supervises and participates in the recruiting, organizing, and training of volunteers.
- Organize and maintain current leadership donor files in partnership with the Director of Individual Giving.
- Acts as United Way representative at various community functions, donor engagement events, and divisional committees maintaining high visibility and continual relationship building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in sales, community relationship development, and general knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Working knowledge of community, nonprofit organizations, and the social and economic structure of the community.
- Willingness to continually grow and develop knowledge of local industries and corporate environments.
- Eagerness to learn about and grow community knowledge of United Way and partner agencies.
- Ability to grasp ideas and translate them into positive actions and results through problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and supervise fundraising efforts involving multiple volunteers, companies, and donors.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in word processing, excel and database management.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Two to five years of experience with United Way or other fundraising organization, social service agency, or a background in sales or marketing.
Reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance and valid driver’s license.
Normal office environment some travel and occasional overtime.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org