Website United Way of Central Alabama
Grant Accountant is responsible for the general accounting operations for the United Way Area Agency on Aging grant.
- Prepare purchase orders in Microix
- Track and monitor PO if necessary
- Process Grant invoices
- Prepare standard weekly and monthly journal entries
- Monitor subcontractor for compliance
- Contact subcontractors to request financial information
- Processing monthly and quarterly reports as needed
- Run financial reports in accounting software program
- Prepare Request for Funds
- Reconcile A/R accounts
- Assist with preparing Financial Statements
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with grant closing procedures
- Communicate with Community Initiatives department
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of accounting principles. Ability to understand and follow federal accounting regulations. Computer proficiency with Word and Excel applications. Computer proficiency with fund accounting software. Ability to perform effectively as a team player.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred, but equivalent work experience accepted. Previous work experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or with state or federal grants preferred.
Normal office hours with occasional overtime.
Valid Alabama driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance to commensurate with state law, background checks to include but not limited to criminal record and drug screening