Website United Way of Central Alabama
Provide “Housing First” case management for very low income veterans and veteran families who are homeless or facing eviction.
- Recruit prospective veteran clients through outreach to all sectors of the community to include faith-based, community–based, healthcare, SNAP, DHR, etc.
- Effectively communicate the Priority Veteran program to prospective clients, landlords and community.
- Maintain consistent contact with local homeless coalitions (COC’s), VA Hospital, VA Clinics, VET Centers, shelters, etc.
- Follow up on all inquiries in a timely manner, and accurately conduct eligibility determinations following grant guidelines.
- Provide effective case management including regular home visits, development of case plans, housing counseling, referrals, etc. to create housing stability.
- Actively manage a caseload of approximately 25 veterans and/or veteran families.
- Maintain accurate and timely case documents and database (HMIS)
- Actively participate in professional development training.
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with U.S. military
- Working understanding of the U.S. Veteran’s Administration Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program
- Thorough working understanding of SSVF case management procedures
- Proven working knowledge of case management principles
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft and database
- Able to work as team member
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred; military experience preferred; combination of education and experience considered
- Valid Alabama driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law
- Background checks to include criminal record, drug screen, DHR child abuse registry and TB test
- Rotating work schedule to include evening, weekend and on-call