Website EBSCO Industries
PRADCO Outdoor Brands
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Moultrie Mobile (www.moultriemobile.com) is a rapidly scaling software and cellular camera platform used by hunters, property owners, jobsite managers, and others for real-time remote monitoring. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. Moultrie is first and foremost customer driven – hardware, software, marketing, and customer success teams collaborate to deliver a quality user experience. Moultrie Mobile is a division of PRADCO Outdoor Brands, a leader in producing scents, attractants, game feeders, game cameras, tree stands and fishing lures. PRADCO has been in business since 1894, and we offer the stability and benefits of a firmly established corporation while operating as a growth-focused team with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
We are guided by the following principles: We put the customer first.; We are curious and seek to learn.; We take ownership.; We are grounded.; We win as a team.; We are builders working with relentless energy, urgency, passion, and drive.; We innovate, experiment, and take risks.
Camera Hardware Device Engineer
The Camera Hardware Device Engineer is responsible for investigating, validating, and proposing optical and electrical solutions for Moultrie Connected Trail Camera device products. You will contribute during the early stages of product scoping, technology development, and device verification. You will collaborate with the team and external vendors to define validation plans and create test cases for full product validation with emphasis on device hardware and associated firmware. Must be capable of reworking, soldering, using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other test equipment.
Great opportunity to learn how to develop outdoor consumer products for volume production.
The Candidate will be responsible for
- Investigating and proposing system electrical solutions for camera modules, image processing, and compute subsystems during the Inception/Design Phase
- Document and specify device requirements
- Work with our development partners during the Design Phase to ensure devices are properly designed, tested
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues that arise during the development phase of device development
- Build and maintain a great relationship with our development partners and guide them through characterization, verification, performance, and validation phases of development
- Conduct Data Analysis and document results
- Rework and modify devices for testing on site and in the field
- Ability to work with Python and Linux scripting software to develop and run test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 1 year experience working with electrical systems
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensors and camera modules
- Some knowledge of RF and cellular product design a plus
- Good Electrical Engineering fundamentals and excellent critical thinking
- Hands on experience with Python/MATLAB to automate instruments and data collection/analysis
- Experience using all types of electrical test equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to rework-solder thru-hole and SMT electronics a plus
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft tools for data analysis, project tracking and presentations
- A passion for the outdoors a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
BirminghamJob Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Hardware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Firmware, Engineering, TechnologyNearest Major Market: