United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for accounts payable for United Way, its agencies and grants.
- Accounts payable for United Way, Grants and Agencies (process and mail weekly)
- Accounts payable for Corporate Assist as needed
- Agency deposits
- Process purchase card POs and reconcile monthly statement
- ASECCC and Allocation accounts payable checks – mail monthly after approved
- Assist Accounts Payable Manager with records retention
- Review open POs daily and take appropriate action, as needed
- Monitor AP group email and take appropriate action
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
Education & Experience:
High school education or equivalent, associate degree in accounting preferred. One to two years experience in accounts payable preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills; multi-task oriented; team player; takes initiative; follows through; great organizational skills.
Normal office environment
Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance