Want to work at a fast-growing and award-winning fintech company? In our first two years, we’ve nearly tripled headcount and added two new asset classes to our cutting-edge platform for financial advisors. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020 and, with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
As a SIMON Support Engineer, you will play a critical role in the operation of one of the largest and most sophisticated risk-managed products platforms existing today. We are looking for talented and detail-oriented support engineers who are passionate about technology and client experience. As a part of this role, you will work with both external and internal clients to triage, troubleshoot, and guide the resolution of technical issues that are raised. This is a role for people who are looking for an exciting, dynamic environment interacting with both the world’s leading financial institutions and top tier engineering and sales colleagues. We’re looking to invest in this team and someday there may be leadership opportunities for the right person.
- Be the frontline engineering support presence when technical issues arise
- Record and manage issues in Jira for reference of your team and others
- Work with our sales support team to ensure clients are receiving timely help
- Quickly become an expert on the ins and outs of our software platform and our business
- Troubleshoot technical issues to the best of your ability using your engineering skills
- Escalate issues beyond your ability to fix to the proper engineering team and resolve together
- Monitor our dashboards and logs to ensure site health and debug issues
- Give phone support to external clients when needed
- Previous experience of some sort with software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be highly organized and not let anything slip through the cracks or get delayed
- Solid understanding of web technologies, HTTP, and web browser developer tools
- Understanding of basic computer networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Availability to quickly respond to issues from 8am – 6pm ET during market operations
- Ability to investigate technical issues and either resolve or know the right team to redirect to
- Positive, constructive, friendly, and solution-oriented attitude
- Experience with at least one modern programming language
- Previous professional experience in a support focused role
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure services
- Understanding of Windows and common technical issues
- Experience with AWS, Gitlab CI
- Some financial literacy
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets LLC spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to dynamic education, a multi-offering Marketplace, and powerful analytics that hasn’t before been available.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble.