Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Office Manager
EXAMPLES OF WORK
• Oversee planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing activities that support library mission and goals.
• Work with other departments in implementation of activities that further external communications efforts.
• Work with Communications, Programming, and Collection Development Teams to assess library service and
program needs of Mountain Brook residents, library patrons and special target groups via formal and informal
market research methods.
• Analyze market data and library research statistics to produce informed marketing campaigns.
• Evaluate effectiveness of marketing/communication messages.
• Work with Communications team to assure accuracy and relevance of library website.
• Work with Communications team (as needed) to create and oversee the development of marketing materials.
• Manage media channels for promotion of the library and its programs.
• Develop internal communications messages that ensure staff are informed and empowered.
• Coordinate the design, production and distribution of the Annual Report and the quarterly electronic newsletter, The Hamlet.
• Provide marketing and other related training to staff as needed or directed, to enable staff to best represent the Library to patrons and visiting groups.
• Provide assistance to staff with desktop publishing projects as needed.
• Suggest story ideas to media outlets including press releases and supporting materials.
• Attend and participate in applicable community events, such as quarterly Chamber of Commerce luncheons,
School Showcase, Citizen Appreciation Day and others, to promote library.
• Advise library management on marketing budgetary needs.
• Other duties as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Applicant should possess excellent communication skills; ability and willingness to give attention to details and to ask questions when unsure; knowledge of business English, spelling and math; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; knowledge of computer applications including hardware and software related to performance of the essential functions of the job. Must be able to work with minimal instruction and supervision and to establish and maintain effective relationships with associates and with the public. Applicant must also be able to handle irate patrons in a diplomatic manner. Ability to remain in a stationary position for prolong periods of time; ability to transport a bag of books and materials, move a book truck with 25 pounds of weight and observe a computer screen. Knowledge of general library operations preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or other job-related field. Two to three years of progressively responsible related experience or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must possess a working knowledge of both PCs and Macs. Preferred applicants must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office products.
HOURS AND SALARY
Position available to work 18 hours per week at $25.00 per hour. Position may include working occasional nights and weekends as needed depending on program schedules. Employee may be required to adapt to future schedule changes depending on library needs.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and application via email to Viridiana Herrera at
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021. Visit www.oneallibrary.org for application.