Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge with raving fans as customers and an incredible team, but we’ve only scratched the surface of potential!
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), your job will be to use proactive and creative outreach strategies to engage prospects and introduce them to Fleetio’s fleet management software. You will be a key component of Fleetio’s success by partnering with Account Executives and researching, qualifying, and engaging with prospective customers.
If you’re curious, creative, and motivated and are looking to break into the fast-paced world of software sales, this could be the position for you!
Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you read this and are detail-oriented.
How you’ll drive our success
- Working from our modern and upbeat office space in downtown Birmingham, you will manage the outbound lead generation by researching and contacting prospective customers to understand their business needs and educate them on how Fleetio can help achieve their business goals
- Actively source new leads and develop detailed lead profiles in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Qualify new leads and schedule meetings with our Account Executives
- This is where you get to be creative: manage outreach efforts that will help us re-engage with aged prospects (via email, phone, social media, etc.)
What’s in it for you
- Quarterly and Annual incentives for high achievers
- Join and drive growth for one of Birmingham’s fastest-growing technology companies while being an active part of a collaborative, innovative, and team-oriented environment
- Develop and refine skills that will contribute to your success as an SDR and will be transferable to other opportunities as you grow
- Advancement opportunities for top performers
- You’re a natural conversationalist – you enjoy talking to people and have impeccable listening and writing skills
- You’re confident – you have the confidence to speak with all organization levels to deliver thought-provoking discussion and sell our vision
- You enjoy solving problems – you use your creativity and strategic thinking skills to troubleshoot issues and overcome objections
- You’re a go-getter – you work hard to deliver consistent results and contribute to the success of the entire sales team
- You’re resourceful – you know how to leverage a variety of technologies and resources to hit your goals
- You’re a team player – you value your team and work well with others toward a common goal
- You have strong attention to detail – you take great notes and are mindful of all of the information that will help us close a deal
Considered a plus if you have
- Previous sales and cold-calling experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, Slack, Asana
This is an inside sales position and does not require travel. This opportunity is open to Birmingham-based candidates only.
What’s the Interview process like at Fleetio?
To help ease your mind, here’s a high-level overview of the interview process:
Submit your application —> Recruitment reviews application —> Phone interview with Recruiter —> Phone interview with Hiring Manager —> Prospecting Assessment (so we can see your skills in action) —> Mock Sales Pitch + Interview with Hiring Manager & VP of Sales —> Team Interview + Culture Squad Interview.
What’s the Culture Squad you might ask? It’s a group of people that work at Fleetio who are passionate about creating and maintaining a strong culture and a great place to work. You get to meet with them to understand what it’s really like to work at Fleetio.
- 100% coverage of individual health and dental insurance
- Generous PTO, 8 company holidays + a floating holiday
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Mac laptop and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks