We are seeking a team member for CNC Operator/Programmer for a wood furniture manufacturer in Birmingham, AL. Become a vital team member of an innovative, growing company. Will provide on the job training for the right person. Working knowledge of V-Carve, Fusion 360 (or similar) needed.
- Operate machine tools to produce precision parts
- Program tool paths and execute programs
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to measure to tight tolerances (1/32)
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed parts to detect and remove defects
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- full-time, start and stop time can be flexible, as long as you follow company breaks and show up at the same time dependably, health care and other benefits available, paid sick time and holidays after waiting period.
- Previous experience in machining desirable but not required
- Familiarity with woodworking tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated
Work experience and skills with wood, machinery mechanics, forklift and sawmill are all valued. You should be able to work fast and efficiently and be prepared to clean up and work as part of a team.