It’s been a hot summer in The Magic City, and this kind of heat calls for one thing– frozen cocktails. Come with us on a tour of some of our favorite spots in town that are serving up cold frozen drinks all summer long.
1. Coco Piña Colada | Cayo Coco
What screams summer more than a piña colada? Cayo Coco specializes in rum cocktails and this creamy blend of rum, pineapple, toasted coconut and lime will knock your socks off. If that’s not enough for you, make it a Miami Vice by adding their fresh strawberry liquor.
- Location: 2015 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4PM-9PM | Friday-Saturday 4PM-11PM | closed Sunday
2. Vamos a la Playa | Adiõs
One of Downtown Birmingham’s newest tequila bars is already getting rave reviews from locals and critics. Stop by 1st Ave N and try their refreshing frozen cocktail made with reposado tequila, mazzura, watermelon and lime.
- Location: 2218 1st Ave N Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4PM-11PM | Friday-Saturday 4PM-2AM
3. Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri | Paramount
The only thing more refreshing than a frozen daiquiri is a frozen daiquiri paired with Paramount’s house made Alabama hummus and crispy wings. With rum, strawberry, pineapple, lime and simple syrup– take a break from the heat and spend the day with a cold drink and arcade games.
- Location: 200 20th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: 11AM-10PM Tuesday-Sunday | closed Monday
4. Frozen Sangria Swirl Margarita | Little Donkey
Frozen margaritas are a classic summer drink, but a swirl of sangria is what takes this cocktail to the next level. Not a sangria fan? Little Donkey also offers frozen margaritas with strawberry and orange swirls. Swing by during happy hour 4-6PM for $5 frozen drinks.
- Location: (Homewood) 2701 18th St S, Homewood, AL 35209, (280) 5363 US-280 B101, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Hours: Sunday-Friday 11AM-9PM | Saturday 11AM-10PM
5. Adult Capri Sun | MELT Lane Parke
While MELT is known for their toasted sandwiches like the famous mac ‘n cheese melt, they also offer a wide range of cocktails. One of these is the unique and tasty adult capri sun– a frozen cocktail packaged in a plastic pouch with a straw. They come in three flavors: bushwacker, frozé and piña colada and are also available for catering.
- Location: 1011 Jemison Ln, Birmingham, AL 35223
- Hours: 11AM-8:30PM Tuesday- Saturday
6. Freezee | TrimTab Brewing
For the non-beer drinker that was dragged to a brewery by their friends, TrimTab offers the perfect solution– the freezee. The tasty frozen drink is a refreshing, sweet pick-me-up perfect for a hot day.
Past freezees include tropical punch, tang, blueberry lemonade, grape, pink lemonade and cherry limeade– so stop by TrimTab to try your luck with this rotating cast of flavors. Visit their Instagram for updates on their current selection.
- Location: 2721 5th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 12-10PM | Friday-Saturday 12PM-12AM
7. Hurricane | The Rougaroux
Rum, orange juice, grenadine, lime, passionfruit and simple syrup blended into sweet perfection. Hailing from the Big Easy, the hurricane is a staple in any good southerner’s summer drink rotation. It’s only fitting that the best hurricane in town can be found at The Rougaroux, Birmingham’s most authentic Creole and Cajun eatery located in a cozy pink house in Forest Park.
- Location: 817 39th St S Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM-9PM | closed Sunday “unless the Saints are playing”
8. Cap’n Crunch Berry Cereal Chiller | Ghost Train Brewing
For a brewery that specializes in IPAs and sours, Ghost Train is making some of the most unique frozen cocktails in town. One of their newest is the Cap’n Crunch Berry Cereal Chiller (the second installment in their cereal milk series)– a blend of vanilla, soft serve and Proven Spirits vodka, blended and topped with Cap’n Crunch Berries.
- Location: 3501 1st Ave S Suite 101B, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 12PM-10PM | Friday 12PM-12AM | Saturday 11AM-12AM | Sunday 11AM-10PM
9. Yoga Pants | Pilcrow
Pilcrow, a basement bar located in an alley between Founder’s Station and Morris Ave, has become a local hot-spot with its adventurous cocktails and moody ambiance. Featuring vodka, aperol, raspberry, orgeat and lime– the Yoga Pants is a tried and true favorite. Get it classic or frozen, this summer drink is a perfect way to cool down.
- Location: 2015 1st Ave N #1E, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Monday 5PM-12AM | Tuesday-Thursday 4PM-12AM | Friday-Saturday 4PM-2AM
(P.S.– See more of our picks on Instagram)
Where’s your favorite frozen cocktail in Birmingham? Tag us @bhamnow on Instagram + Facebook and let us know!