The bar, which only opened last November, is already a popular local spot known for its cozy ambiance and Mexican-inspired craft cocktails.
The minds behind Adiõs
Adiõs co-owners José Medina Camacho and Jesús Méndez. (@adiosbar on Instagram)
Adiõs is the brainchild of co-owners José Medina Camacho and Jesús Méndez. Both born in Mexico, Camacho and Méndez immigrated with their families to northern Alabama in the early ’90s and began honing their skills in various restaurants across the city.
Jesús owns and operates Honest Coffee Roasters, Unos Tacos and The Louis Bar in The Pizitz Food Hall and José has worked at Little Donkey, Octane, The Marble Ring and, most recently, served as lead bartender at Automatic Seafood & Oysters. Together, the two are Birmingham industry veterans with all the expertise necessary to make their bar one of the best in the country.
Step inside Adiõs
Inside the bar—designed by Morgan Sowards—you’ll find a cozy setting accentuated by large tropical plants, antique stained glass from a chapel in Mexico and prints from Oaxacan artist @arch.oax. In the corner there is a Dia de los Muertos ofrenda, an altar meant to honor the lives of loved ones.
It’s these personal touches of Latino heritage and culture that make Adiõs such a unique spot in Birmingham, giving guests the opportunity to experience the ingredients, music and art of Mexico. As far as the menu, Adiõs offers an ever-changing list of unique cocktails crafted from Mexican spirits and ingredients. Here’s a few drinks on their Spring menu:
- Señor Tucan: Reposado tequila, cachaca, bitters, chipotle, pineapple, lime
- Adiõs Mule: Mezcal or blanco tequila, lime, tropical ginger beer, tajin, chamoy
- Ojitos Lindo: Strawberry-infused mezcal, mazura, manzanilla sherry, cocchi rosa
Want to check them out for yourself?
- Location: 2218 1st Ave N Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4PM-12AM, Friday-Saturday 4PM-2AM
- Website | Instagram | Facebook
Food & Wine and Birmingham
Food & Wine is no stranger to Birmingham restaurants, praising several local spots for their unique food, drinks and charm:
- A Highly Opinionated Guide to Eating in Birmingham
- 10 Best Coffee Brands From All Over the Country
- The 40 Most Important Restaurants of the Past 40 Years
Stay in the know with all the latest news—sign up for our FREE daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.