Get ready to go all-in for KIDS Kasino benefiting YWCA Central Alabama’s Child Development Center on Saturday, August 19. From supporting an amazing cause to playing exciting casino games that will make you shout “jackpot!”, read on for our top four reasons you’ll want to grab your tickets and attend this special fundraising event. Psst—free childcare is available!
- What: KIDS Kasino benefiting YWCA Central Alabama’s Child Development Center
- When: Saturday, August 19 | Childcare begins at 5:30PM, Event 6-10PM
- Where: YWCA Gymnasium, 309 23rd Street N Birmingham, AL 35203
- General Admission: $75 per person. Includes heavy hors d’oeuvres, 2 complimentary drinks + $500 play money.
- High-Roller/VIP: $100 per person. Includes heavy hors d’oeuvres, 2 complimentary drinks, an exclusive lounge with a bar and games + $1,000 play money
- Raffle tickets: available for direct purchase at the event for $25 per ticket
1. You’ll support YWCA’s Child Development Center + the local children it serves
There are many things that stand out about the YWCA Central Alabama, but one that will truly give you all the feels is its Child Development Center. The more I learn about it, the more amazing it becomes.
Here are some reasons why:
- It is one of only 136 nationally accredited preschools in the country.
- It provides children ages six weeks to five years with a high-quality educational experience in a safe, loving environment.
- It offers affordable childcare for low to moderate-income families.
“Our kids, when they leave here and go into kindergarten, they’re ready! It’s not a question if they’re ready, they are ready. It puts them in the game so much. We are so proud of this part of our organization, we want people to make sure they see it.”Susan Wilson, Vice President of Development, YWCA Central Alabama
What truly amazes me is YWCA Central Alabama doesn’t just care for children, but it focuses on the whole family.
“I was originally drawn to the YWCA because of the incredible work of the Child Development Center. I had my first child in 2017 and experienced the struggle of finding safe and reliable full-time care for her. As a working mom with children in daycare, I was moved and inspired by what this organization means to the families it serves. It provides much more than just a safe and high-quality preschool, making sure families have meals to eat, resources for parenting and life and clothes to wear.”Jessica Thomas, President, YWCA Central AL Junior Board
Your ticket purchase or donation to KIDS Korner benefits the YWCA Central Alabama’s Child Development Center. What could be better than helping local children and their families receive the support they need to succeed?
2. You’ll enjoy a night of casino-inspired entertainment
Do you love casino games, good food and wowing prizes? KIDS Kasino on Saturday, August 19 will be a night to remember.
Here’s what to expect:
- Casino games such as blackjack, roulette, poker + craps
- Cocktails, mocktails + beer
- Heavy appetizers
- Raffle drawings with prizes like diamond jewelry from Avani Rupa Fine Jewelers
Seeking bigger steaks? You’ll want to grab a VIP ticket so you can play the tables in the high-roller room.
All proceeds raised from ‘play money’ and raffle ticket sales supports the YWCA Central Alabama’s Child Development Center.
Ready to go all in? Grab your tickets now to YWCA’s KIDS Kasino on Saturday, August 19.
3. Childcare is provided!
Need a babysitter in order to attend the event? You won’t have to worry about the kiddos on this special night, because YWCA’s Child Development Director and trained team of teachers will be providing childcare for kids ages zero to nine years old.
“This year is the YWCA’s 120th anniversary, so we wanted to do something special that showcased the life-changing work the Child Development Center is providing in our community. What better way to do that than to bring the event home to the YWCA building downtown and open the Child Development Center to provide childcare for the event.”Jessica Thomas, President, YWCA Central AL Junior Board
While you enjoy the KIDS Kasino upstairs, kiddos will have a fun-filled night, too, with age-appropriate activities, crafts and games. Dinner will also be provided, which is a huge win itself.
The Child Development Center will open at 5:30PM ahead of the event and will remain open throughout the event.
While childcare is offered for free during the event, a donation fee is $25 per child is suggested to support the critical work of the Center in the Birmingham-area community.
To ensure a space for your child, select the add-on childcare option when you purchase your KIDS Kasino tickets.
4. You’ll get to see YWCA’s Child Development Center first-hand
It’s not often you get to witness your donation dollars at work. During KIDS Kasino, you can! One of the special parts of the event is that you can visit YWCA’s Child Development Center, take a tour, meet the teachers and see firsthand how special the center is to the Birmingham community.
Support YWCA Central Alabama’s Child Development Center—purchase your tickets now to KIDS Kasino, Saturday, August 19.