That’s right, Birmingham, National Video Game Day is Saturday, July 8. Lucky for you, The Magic City is never short on fun activities. Keep reading for five places to visit, embrace your inner child on this special day.
Paramount is everyone’s favorite bar/restaurant/arcade combo. Well, it’s at least my favorite. Take a load off with some of the best burgers and beer in town and then hit the arcade for an afternoon full of friendly competition.
- Location: 200 20th St. N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-9PM
ePLEX is the first Esports Arena in the Southeast and offers opportunities for gamers such as:
- 40 PC gaming stations powered by HP Omen Desktops
- Virtual Reality from VR Studios and SpringboardVR
- Retro Alley featuring classic arcade games
- Console room with 18 Playstation’s and Xbox’s
- Competition stage with 10 stations, all streaming to Twitch.tv
There’s something for parents, too. The ePLEX restaurant includes a TV so you can watch your child’s gameplay while you chill behind the scenes.
- Location: 7001 Crestwood Blvd. #200, Birmingham, AL. 35210
- Hours: Monday-Thursday Noon-8PM | Friday Noon-10PM | Saturday 10AM-10PM | Sunday 11AM-8PM
Not only does Saturn have amazing coffee, drinks and concerts, they also offer video game consoles, pin ball machines and board games. The eccentric atmosphere will make you want to stay and play games all night.
- Location: 200 41st St. S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 4PM-2AM | Saturday Noon-2AM | Sunday 3-10PM
McWane Science Center is dedicated to making learning fun. Their 25th birthday is also on July 8 and dedicated to National Video Game Day! Come celebrate with McWane on this special day. There are tons of activities for your entire family to enjoy.
- Location: 200 19th St. N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday 9AM-5PM | Saturday 10AM-5PM | Sunday Noon-5PM
5. Urban Parc
Where in Birmingham can you find a rooftop bar, an arcade with vintage games and delicious food to eat while you watch your favorite team all in one? Answer: Urban Parc. We let you in on the sneak peek earlier this year and now, Urban Parc is officially open for business! Come join the fun with good food, good drinks and great fun.
- Location: 1006 20th St. S, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 11AM-10PM | Friday 11AM-midnight | Saturday Noon-Midnight | Sunday noon-10PM