As a pet parent, leaving your four-legged friend behind to be boarded, at daycare or even for a visit to the vet can be hard. At Birmingham Animal Hospital + Resort (BAHR), quite the opposite is true. Read on for a look at the lavish facilities, all the info you need to get your pet there + your invitation to their First Anniversary Block Party on June 24.
See for yourself 👇
If you’re anything like me, you won’t accept anything less than five-star amenities for your pet. BAHR provides just that. Here are a few reasons we love it:
1. The incredible staff
Birmingham Animal Hospital is locally (and female) owned and full of the most caring employees. With a couple new additions, BAHR now has four doctors—Dr. Bellman, Dr. Ezell, Dr. Shei LaRussa and Dr Taylor LaRussa.
Dr. Ezell has taken care of my pup more than a few times, and I’m starting to think he might be faking sick just to get to hang out with her…
We got to tag along with the daycare crew last week, and the staff was what put it over the top. Yes, even more than that amazing pool. The daycare supervisor knew each dog by name, what they liked, how they acted and was genuinely so happy to be there. What more could you want for your baby while you’re gone?
“The staff at BAHR is top tier. My dog loves the daycare. Not only that, but my cat was suffering from an illness that my previous vet could never seem to diagnose for over two years. It took Dr. Woodall Bellman only two visits to diagnose and get my cat on the correct medication.”BAHR Client
2. The most luxurious facilities around
Whether you’re there for boarding, grooming, vet services or daycare, it’s hard to remember you’re at a pet hospital and resort when you walk in BAHR. I mean, their boarding rooms are even named after local neighborhoods like Lakeview, Highland Park and Avondale. Don’t blame us if your pup isn’t quite ready to come home when pick up time arrives.
Here’s a look at what makes BAHR’s facilities stand out:
- An indoor pool with fountains + toys.
- The entire building is UV-C treated and boarding rooms are double treated.
- An 8,000 square foot hospital attached to the 14,000 square foot resort.
- The largest average boarding suites in town, ranging from 30 square feet to 144 square feet.
- 4 temperature controlled play yards + 6 temperature controlled potty areas.
- Spacious exam rooms.
- Open plan treatment areas, plus first-class surgery and dental suites.
3. The only “Fear-Free” certified vet or resort in the state
Birmingham Animal Hospital has been designed & built with “fear-free” principles to help minimize the stress some pets feel when visiting the vet. In fact, they are the only fully Fear-Free Certified facility in Alabama.
“You will not find a more caring, compassionate and knowledgeable vet—Dr. Bellman is fantastic. Her staff is comprised of some of my favorite people in the veterinary field. Their “fear free” philosophy is a breath of fresh air—they actually involve you in the process, instead of taking your pet to a back room for vaccinations, etc.”BAHR Client
All are welcome to their Block Party on June 24
You and your pet are invited to celebrate one whole year of Birmingham Animal Hospital + Resort at their free Anniversary Block Party on June 24. If you’ve never been to see their facilities, this is the perfect chance.
- When: Saturday, June 24 | 10AM-1PM
- Where: Birmingham Animal Hospital, 2316 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- What to expect:
- The Greater Birmingham Humane Society adoption truck
- Food truck
- Bounce house
- Face painting
- Local vendors (dog treat bakers + more)
- Tours of the facility
- Prizes and giveaways