Flamenco performances, famous norteño bands and more —there are several exciting Hispanic events coming to Birmingham in April! Keep reading to learn more + find out how to get your tickets.
Haga clic aquí para leer este artículo en español.
1. Latinos Con Onda: Tributo a Maná y al Rock en Español! — April 8
Saturday, April 8 is your chance to see César “Vampiro” López live in concert! A guitarist, López has been involved in several well-known bands in the Latin American world including Maná, Jaguares, Azul Violeta and more.
The event is presented by Latinos Con Onda and hosted at Saturn, and will include several acts in addition to “Vampiro” López:
This is one concert you don’t want to miss!
- What: Latinos Con Onda : Tributo a Maná y al Rock en Español!
- When: April 8 at 8:00PM to April 9 at 1:30AM
- Where: Saturn, 200 41st Street South Birmingham, AL 35222
- Tickets are $20
Latinos Con Onda: Facebook | Instagram
2. Los Tigres del Norte — April 9
Founded in 1965, Los Tigres del Norte is a Mexican band originally founded in the small town of Rosa Morada. The band is known for its norteño songs, a genre of Regional Mexican music popular in Mexico and the United States. With over 60 million album sales, 6 Grammy awards and 12 Latin Grammys, Los Tigres del Norte is one of the most successful norteño bands of all time.
Want to see Los Tigres del Norte live in concert? You’re in luck—the band’s Siempre Contigo Tour is coming to Birmingham on Sunday, April 9!
- What: Los Tigres del Norte en Concierto, Siempre Contigo Tour
- When: April 9 at 8:00PM
- Where: BJCC Concert Hall
Los Tigres del Norte: Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana: Fronteras — April 20 and 21
Flamenco Vivo is bringing the beauty of Flamenco dance and music to Hoover’s Library Theatre on Thursday, April 20 and Friday, April 21! Flamenco Vivo was co-founded in 1983 by Carlota Santana, an internationally-renowned flamenco and Spanish dance artist hailed as “The Keeper of Flamenco”. The company furthers the Flamenco art form as a way to built cultural bridges through diverse influences of music and dance.
Fronteras is the company’s new evening-length performance, choreographed by José Maldonado and Karen Lugo and featuring an original score by José Luis de la Paz.
- What: Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana: Fronteras
- When: April 20 and April 21, 7:30PM to 9:30PM
- Where: The Library Theatre, 200 Municipal Drive, Hoover
4. Grupo Firme ¡Hay Que Conectarla! Tour 2023 — April 29
Founded in 2014 in Tijuana, Grupo Firme rose to fame in 2020 with their singles Pídeme, El Roto and Juro Por Dios. Since then, the group has won four Premios Juventud, five of six nominations at Premio Lo Nuestro and a Latin Grammy for Best Banda Album for their album Nos Divertimos Lo Grando Lo Imposible. Recently, the group won iHeartRadio’s Regional Mexican Artist of the Year at the iHeart Radio awards.
Now, the band is bringing their ¡Hay Que Conectarla! tour to Birmingham!
- What: Grupo Firme ¡Hay Que Conectarla! Tour 2023
- When: April 29 at 8:00PM
- Where: Legacy Arena at the BJCC
Grupo Firme: Facebook | Instagram
Did we miss your favorite upcoming Hispanic event in Birmingham? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!