Calling all biscuit lovers! Southern favorite restaurant Biscuit Love is opening its first Alabama location in Cahaba Heights by mid-December. Keep reading for all the delicious details.
About Biscuit Love
Founded in 2012 by Karl and Sarah Worley, Biscuit Love is a beloved Nashville-based brunch concept known for its Southern brunch items made from scratch with ingredients from local and regional purveyors. The restaurant gained a loyal following and spread to three locations in Tennessee:
- Biscuit Love in the Gulch: 316 11th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
- Biscuit Love in Hillsboro Village: 2001 Belcourt Ave, Nashville, TN 37212
- Biscuit Love in Downtown Franklin: 132 3rd Ave S, Franklin, TN 37064
However, Biscuit Love had yet to expand out of Tennessee—until now.
Earlier this year, Biscuit Loves announced its plans to open a new location in Cahaba Heights. The Worleys tapped Melanie Zarzaur, a long-time member of the Vestavia Hills hospitality community, to run the location as owner and operator.
Like their name suggests, Biscuit Love’s menu includes breakfast and lunch favorites with a twist centered around biscuits. Some of their menu items include:
- Bonuts — Fried biscuit dough tossed in sugar, topped with lemon mascarpone and served with blueberry compote.
- East Nasty — A buttermilk biscuit topped with fried boneless chicken thigh, aged cheddar and sausage gravy that was named the best sandwich in the country by Bon Appétit in 2015.
- B-Roll — A biscuit cinnamon roll topped with pecan sticky bun sauce and cream cheese icing.
- Princess — A buttermilk biscuit topped with Nashville-style spicy boneless “hot chicken” thigh, pickles, mustard and honey.
- The Gertie — A buttermilk biscuit topped with peanut butter frosting, fresh bananas and pretzel crunch served on top of chocolate gravy.
- Southern Benny — An open-faced buttermilk biscuit topped with shaved country ham, two over-easy eggs and sausage gravy.
Of course, not all Biscuit Love items include biscuits. The full menu can be found online at biscuitlove.com/menu.
Coming to Cahaba Heights in mid-December
- Biscuit Love: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Address: 4317 Dolly Ridge Rd, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
According to a press release, Biscuit Love is planning to open their Cahaba Heights locations by mid-December. We can’t wait to try it out!