It is officially November, Birmingham! You know what that means, it’s time to start thinking about holiday shopping. No matter who is on your list this year, it never hurts to start checking it off early. Keep reading for nine shopping events around town to get you in the holiday spirit.
1. Homewood for the Holidays, Nov. 3
Kick off the holiday shopping season with the Downtown Homewood’s annual Holiday Open House. The downtown businesses have been decorating and preparing for this winter wonderland event all week. Enjoy refreshments, hors d’oeuvres, a trolley, shopping discounts and much more!
New this year—shop from even more stores that will set up booths on 18th Street for their businesses that aren’t located there.
- When: November 3 | 5-8PM
- Where: 18th Street South, Homewood Al 35209
2. Deck the Heights, Nov. 12
Make sure to mark your calendar for November 12 in Cahaba Heights for inflatables, music, pop-up shops, food, beverages, Santa, face painting, balloon artists—plus a few more surprises that will be announced soon
Psst—we heard you may even find a mechanical bull.
- When: November 12 | 10AM-7PM
- Where: The Heights Village, 3162 Heights Vlg, Birmingham, AL 35243
3. Holiday Open House – Trussville, Nov 3
Nona Ruths, Tula J Boutique and The Varsity are joining together for one can’t-miss Holiday Open House on November 3. You’ll find unique home decor items, trendy clothes and accessories for men and women and much more.
- When: Thursday, November 3 | 4-7PM
- Where: Nona Ruths, 115 Watterson Pkwy, #101, Trussville, AL 35173
Trussville is full of hot spots for holiday shopping—check out our guide here.
4. Crestline Village Open House, Nov. 17
The Crestline Village Holiday Open House is happening November 17th with retailers and restaurants opening their doors for holiday events, sales, and trunk shows. This year, you can expect seasonal performances from the Mountain Brook High School Jazz Band and carolers from the Exceptional Foundation.
- When: November 17 | 10:30AM-4PM
- Where: Crestline Village
5. Studio by the Tracks Open House, Nov. 20
At Studio by the Tracks’ open house, not only will you find one-of-a-kind artworks by SBTT artists, but you can also shop from over 15 local makers and food vendors from our community as part of the outdoor Holiday Market.
- When: November 19 | 10AM-3PM + November 20 | 11AM-3PM
- Where: Studio By The Tracks, 301 20th St S, Irondale, AL 35210
6. Mistletoe & Mimosas at Lane Parke, Dec. 1
Join Lane Parke for an evening of shopping locally with extended store hours. Lane Parke will host a hot chocolate and mimosa bar to make your shopping even more fun.
- When: December 1 | 5-7PM
- Where: Lane Parke, 2683 Parke Ln Ct N, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
7. Holiday Faire Market benefiting Alabama Waldorf, Dec. 3
Celebrate the season, support local artists and enjoy great holiday shopping at the same time. There will be live music, the traditional bake sale, an international lunch buffet and more. All vendors and activities will be held outdoors, weather permitting.
- When: December 3 | 10AM-3PM
- Where: 5901 Crestwood Blvd Birmingham, AL 35212
8. Market Noel, Nov. 16-19
Holiday lovers—you don’t want to miss this event. With your $15 general admission ticket, you’ll get access to Market Noel, a marketplace with local and national vendors selling everything from home goods and clothing to kids’ toys and delicious treats.
9. Mountain Brook Village & English Village Holiday Open House, Dec. 1
Mountain Brook Village and English Village will host their holiday open houses on Thursday, December 1st. The best part—there will be trolley transportation around the Villages, so shoppers can park once and enjoy events in both villages.